Disappointing show

Stephanie

I had my one and only show this past weekend. HUGE disappointment! It was 2 hours before I sold my first candle then didn't sell any more until the very end. I did make almost 4x my table fee, but I essentially had 4 customers including my sister who was sitting with me! I don't understand it - loads of people, about 100 crafters so it wasn't a small show, I was the only one selling candles (at least pillars and votives) and I had a nice setup. I'll upload pix later. Last year I sold over $300 and that was my first show ever, this year barely $100. What's up? But the best part of the day was when a woman came over to sniff the candles then started telling me how dangerous they are and how she wouldn't even buy them for her daughter who is a "candle freak". Thanks lady!

Here's one end of my table - next to some guy who had sports paintings - not quite the best location IMO.

post-912-139458386115_thumb.jpg

I'm sorry to hear of the poor show. It may have been the reason mine was poor was due to lack of advertisement in the community. I hate it when this happens!... When I was setting up, I asked the woman who was running the show how much advertisement she did and she said they played a spot several times on the radio.:shocked2: AHHH, no not anything at all! Then she said they posted signs but they all got stolen.......Uh, I don't think so. Try again.... She finally admitted that they didn't advertise AT ALL! NOTHING!:mad: I made 6X booth fee and that was all. Most of my sales were from other vendors. They lost money. Several sold nothing at all!:cry2:

I won't be doing this show next year, that's for sure.

Everything looks so nice! Try not to take it personally, your stuff really does look good - guess that crowd just wasn't in a candle buying mood. Funny, I guess there *are* some people in the world who don't buy candles. Can't imagine :) At least you got to practice your setup.

Guest EMercier

Well, for all ya'll that have read my post on my disappointing two shows this past weekend. I was at this same show as Stephanie on Saturday. Small world huh?

The rudeness of people.Someone just stops and smell your candles and says she won't buy as they are dangerous.She takes the cake.I am getting to the point the older I get I tell people what I think.You don't have to be real rude but just say that is OK other people buy them all the time and like them.

I signed up for a pet expo and met so many nice people.Everyone came over to say HI and talked for long periods.I did have a few candles and sold a few but the main thing was to get the cat clinic I do out there.I did sign up 20 cats to get fixed.Well at the end a lady came by and looked and I mentioned I remember you there is your big beautiful rott.I cannot believe how big he is.She said yes and we feed him lots of cats.WOW what a nice thing to say.I am a cat and dog person and I was stunned a person who I thought came because of liking animals would say such a thing. There is a bad egg wherever you go.Really I should have said "that was a very rude and uncalled thing to say".Let her have it.That is the way I have become when seeing what the real world is becoming.Nasty and obnoxious. WE need to come back on these people who think they are CUTE.Do it in a nice way though.Nicer than what they said.

LynnS