Pay Pal cart question

Jeana

I would like to get away from using their "add to cart" buttons and their view cart button.

Can anyone help me with this please?:D

I see the option where to make the changes for a custom button, but not sure from there.

And like all other customer service these days, it is impossible to get a real person to speak with.

Even their small buttons are so large when I add them to my website, so I would actually just like to have the words "buy" or "view cart" instead of buttons. They also don't really match the look of my website either.

In the custom button section they ask for an http// address so that is where I am getting hung up. Not sure what to put there.

It's been a few years since I've used it, but if I remember right that'd be the web address of where you have your custom button stored. Usually that'd be on your web server, unless you're hosting your pictures somewhere else.

If I'm wrong about that someone will pipe up. :)

Ok I just tried a couple. As long as it was a single item it worked fine. But the items that had drop down menus didn't keep the drop down selections, and the view cart button asked to have a price to make the button. I tried that and it added the price to the cart. Obviously that didn't work right.

So am I supposed to be saving them somewhere like jenscandles said, importing them to the paypal panel, then adding the changes through the paypal panel? I'm not actually connected to my server yet so how, or where would I store them?

As you can tell I am extremely new to all of this, sorry if these are stupid questions.

Yes, in order to use an image, it needs to be stored on a website. All images on your website need to be stored there, not accessed off of your computer.

I can't imagine building a website without being able to look at it as you go. Quirky little things happen and you need to be able to see that. I guess if you build it, then all you would hopefully have to do is tweak it a little.

View cart should not have a price attached to it at all....???

ok I figured it out. I needed to skip their create a button part and just take the url of the image and copy and paste that into the custom button area. PHEW!

You guys really helped me alot, thank you very much. The tech devil site made it make more sense to me. I just had to play with it.

I just found this site too, where you can totally make your own and save it or get the html code for it.

http://cooltext.com/

They have other free tools too, like logo design stuff. What a fun website. :cheesy2:

I can upload everything for online previews, or publish online. I don't want to publish it yet until I am done. I am just working with the preview options for now.