Beading a candle

Hello all,

I was watching one of those craft shows on TV, and they had someone showing how to bead a candle. The ones shown were pillar candles. They used that double stick tape and then rolled the candle in the beads, some of them were rolled in glitter. The candles were pretty, but didn't seem like they'd be safe to burn.I was thinking that maybe the plastic tape wouldn't be such a great idea and the beads would probably melt. But has anyone tried this with any success?

Thanks in advance

Bethany

The candle did have a wick,and since it never said not to burn them, I'm sure people would assume it would be OK. The idea given was to buy a plain candle, and then spruce it up a bit with some beads and glitter. I thought it sounded like a bad idea, but wanted to make sure. I know glitter can be OK, but the beads and the double stick tape just didn't sound like a great idea.

Thanks for the response:D .

Bethany

Bethany,

I was watching Trading Spaces one day & Hildie (the wacky designer) made candles. Just melted, poured & stuck wicks in 'em...no mention of testing wicks on anything. And they were lit by the end of the program.

If you want to make a beaded candle, make it a 'cane candle.

I like the idea of the plugs. Thank you.

Some of the shows can have some pretty wacky ideas on them, but since this was a crafting program I thought,for a split second, well maybe. Shame on me:o . The idea was supposed to be the "perfect personalized gift", I'm sure the person on the other end would feel very special when their house was in flames:rolleyes: :yes: .

Thank you once again.

Bethany