Curing time

I use Ecosoya wax and I just googled and found the manufacture website. It gave me a bunch of information about the wax and gave me a minimum cure time of 48 hours before starting the test burns. However, I have found during my time of testing that each fo has thier own cure time and you will just have to play around with that.

Agree with the above comments. Each FO responds differently. Although I am fairly new (1 1/2 years), I track the amount of time I let my candles cure. Some have shorter times than others. I find that in general a good week is good for all. But track it and you find subtle differences with each FO.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't cha hate the cure time thing. I hate it when I got them made and a customer is wanting them bad. I have to say NO. Oh that is hard. I am learning to keep them stocked up. A little at a time. Hopefully soon I will have about 20 cases made up and sitting for 2 weeks.

Yeah the curing part does bite! I don't like that either.

I try to stick with scents that don't require too much cure time.

And I'm with you Debra, I would love to get an inventory going. It would make a lot of things easier for me.

Even the scents that don't require much cure time, it is just nice to have them on hand when someone wants a few :)

I just want to reiterate what others said. A lot depends on your wax and the fragrance you use. I use a parasoy blend and know that it cures in 24-48 hours. Some fragrances take longer to cure so as a rule I wait a minimum of a week for them to cure.

Like Stella- I plan a schedule for making candles. I make candles ahead of time to make sure they have time to cure. For example, if I am doing a show I make them a couple of weeks ahead. I also keep cured candles in stock for orders. Just plan ahead and you will be okay.

Depends on your wax and FO's!! My own parasoy blend......48 hours! :cool2:

Same here.. Straight soy..

If it does not throw in 48 hours, I throw out the oil.

I don't have time to wait for it to cure, or pour slushy..

I want to know that my candle will throw immediately and not worry if it has cured long enough when I ship them out to a customer...

Soy gives me enough trouble as it is!!!:rolleyes2

I am all about heat, pour, and ship!!:laugh2:That's it...