Oatmeal Additives

OverSoyed

We have oatmeal base from WSP that already has some ground oatmeal in it, but I'd like to add some more mainly for decoration.

My question is, we have oatmeal (quick oats)... will they work?

Or won't they due to the fact they are quick oats with added gluten?

Thanks

Tristan

We just started working with the oatmeal base (Cierra Candles). My business partner is the one working on this, so I haven't read directions, etc., but I noticed that the ones that have been done so far have all the oatmeal at the top and nothing throughout the bar.

How do you manage to "suspend" the oatmeal?

We just started working with the oatmeal base (Cierra Candles). My business partner is the one working on this, so I haven't read directions, etc., but I noticed that the ones that have been done so far have all the oatmeal at the top and nothing throughout the bar.

How do you manage to "suspend" the oatmeal?

Really Good timing! I have the best luck when I add them when the soap is cooling with a film on the top then I stir them in slowly. Some still float to the top but a lot of them stay in the soap.

Really Good timing! I have the best luck when I add them when the soap is cooling with a film on the top then I stir them in slowly. Some still float to the top but a lot of them stay in the soap.

Thanks so much for your reply!

I will have to ask her, but I think the oatmeal is already in this base - maybe if she stirs it when it is cooling, it will help move them around and avoid them ending up on the top of the bar.

If anyone else uses the Cierra soap base, would you let me know if that is what you do.

So far, the people we have had test them don't comment on it, but I would prefer if the oatmeal was throughout rather than just a hard layer of on the top.

Thanks!

Jane

If you use oatmeal flour or grind oatmeal into flour it will help suspend it in the soap much better.

Or-- you wait until the soap cools down before you pour into the mold.

I myself prefer the oatmeal to settle a bit. Its a great selling point for my soap as a natural exfoliating soap. The oatmeal soaps sell out the fastest and customers are constantly asking for more 'scrubby' soapies. One side is scrubby and the other soft.

I myself prefer the oatmeal to settle a bit. Its a great selling point for my soap as a natural exfoliating soap. The oatmeal soaps sell out the fastest and customers are constantly asking for more 'scrubby' soapies. One side is scrubby and the other soft.

lol - that is how I use it....