Plastic Containers

heidijo

Getting serious about attempting first batch of C&P soap. Gathering materials, yet desire to keep costs down until I see if I can actually do this successfully. For the plastic soaping containers, lye mix, oils, etc., what type of plastic containers have you found to work successfully? I have these plastic gallon tubs that ice cream comes in and wondering if those will hold up to this lye process? Thanks!

i buy the 2 quart pitchers from the dollar store. they usually come with a colorful lid. just for safety i set them inside another plastic container in case of spill. never had a problem, cheap and easy, so i can have several batches of lye water cooling overnight to work with in the morning.

FYI - If anyone is shopping for the #5 hard plastic containers, Cash & Carry has a really nice selection with measurements on the side in at least five different sizes and reasonably priced. They come in a round or square shape.