First Bath Salts

OverSoyed

We did our first batches of bath salts today.

Apple Sugar

Banana Pudding

Island Mango

Strawberry

Pink Grapefruit

Lavender

The colored turned out great, except for the lavender, which came out more hunter green than purple. When added to water, they do tint the water purple, but they are green to the eye. Any tips on getting a true purple, or is that a fantasy!?:tiptoe:

I've had good results with ultra marine violet. I prefer powders to color salts. Clays work well too. You need very little, and they don't morph, at least with EOs they don't. They don't color the water either.

i prefer powder also

what i do is mix all my ingredients together then sprinkle a bit of powder color over the salts, spritz with some distilled water and mix well with my hands (rubber gloves on) if its not the color i want i repeat then leave to dry

i think purple is a hard color to get on salts, but the powder soap colors work well

We did our first batches of bath salts today.

Apple Sugar

Banana Pudding

Island Mango

Strawberry

Pink Grapefruit

Lavender

The colored turned out great, except for the lavender, which came out more hunter green than purple. When added to water, they do tint the water purple, but they are green to the eye. Any tips on getting a true purple, or is that a fantasy!?:tiptoe:

Are they hard to make? I've been debating to try them.

Guest jurnalynn

i do dead sea salts in lavender and mint eo and the first time i made the lavender ones i used liquid salt dyes from micheals turned out great shade of lavender this last time around i only had the liquid soap dyes form micheals on hand well that was a mistake all my salts are a lovely shade of greenish grey i don't even want to sell them because of this but we all know how expensive dead sea salt is.......i think i'll stick to the liquid salt dyes

Laura