if you had to pick one FO supplier

dogmom1

i've got to stop spending money like a crazy person. i need to get some FOs for CP and the sticky has SO many oils and lots of suppliers.

if you could only use one supplier to start (i know i'll break down later) who would it be and what FOs would be the most important?

i hope i put this in the right place, i see a lot of essential oil stuff here so i'm hoping i did.

TIA

You might want to try www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com, they have free shipping on fragrance oil ... check out their economy scents.

Also, www.candlescience.com is another good supplier to start with. Quality products and customer service. I live in NJ too and Candlescience is one of my main suppliers.

There's always www.candlesuppliesbyfarmhouse, located in South Jersey. The owner is very helpful, and it may be worth it to try some samples and see what you think.

I agree with www.thecandlesource.com ... I use quite a few of their oils, and they have great customer service and quick shipping.

My first supplier was Cajun Candles; now I'm up to around 10 suppliers or more. It's really hard to just have one supplier ... more like impossible.

I've only tried one fragrance oil from the candle source and it is to die for. I was frustrated that I could only get Britney Spears Fantasy from SW in a 5 lb minimum when I happened upon this board and read good reviews for their BS Fantasy.

It is AWESOME and it is only about $15 a lb (compared to SW $35 a lb). My mother loves it.:laugh2:

So, I will be buying more from them.

thanks to all who've answered me. i am particularly worried about seizing, since i am brand new to CP. i don't expect you all to tell me which do and which don't, but can i depend on suppliers mentioned to tell me quick trace, not good in CP, as i've seen some do, and is the info reliable?

candlebuddy, candle science is my supplier for FOs for candles and i love them. they don't have any info about how the oils work in CP tho. have they worked well for you in CP?

thanks for any more info anyone may have, as well as for the sites you've all lasted for me!

I just pm'd you ... I guess I didn't quite understand what you were asking; so, let me begin again.

Definately check out www.backwoodsfragrancesupply.com. Lots of great oils, excellent customer service, info about each scent, reasonable & fast shipping (located in PA), and an online forum to boot! If you do a search here, you'll find out alot of information as well.

The only oil from CS I CP'd was Cranberry Marmalade ... it was wonderful to work with, did not seize and it really holds it's scent. I have a bar from last year, and it still smells wonderful.

I've only tried one fragrance oil from the candle source and it is to die for. I was frustrated that I could only get Britney Spears Fantasy from SW in a 5 lb minimum when I happened upon this board and read good reviews for their BS Fantasy.

It is AWESOME and it is only about $15 a lb (compared to SW $35 a lb). My mother loves it.:laugh2:

So, I will be buying more from them.

thank you ! i didn't know they carried that :P

I just pm'd you ... I guess I didn't quite understand what you were asking; so, let me begin again.

Definately check out www.backwoodsfragrancesupply.com. Lots of great oils, excellent customer service, info about each scent, reasonable & fast shipping (located in PA), and an online forum to boot! If you do a search here, you'll find out alot of information as well.

The only oil from CS I CP'd was Cranberry Marmalade ... it was wonderful to work with, did not seize and it really holds it's scent. I have a bar from last year, and it still smells wonderful.

thanks carole. i just read and responded to you PM. i love CS cranberry marmalade, so i will definitely use that one. the candles are totally amazing.

i'll check out backwoods for sure! :cheesy2: