Experiments in honey

Scented

I must figure out how to incorporate the honey successfully every time. Three experiments down and I can see way too many more on the horizon.

hon_cbqueen_lt.jpg

Above, I used a light colored honey at 1 tsp ppo, but I couldn't smell squat so I added FO that would complement with the honey. Couldn't resist adding some color either just to see if there would be some discoloring. This one I accidentally did with full water and it took forever. Lesson learned for the next batch, which was:

honey_dark_nosct1.jpg

In this batch, I discounted water. This one had the dark honey, which has a nutty kick to it. I added the honey like the last one, which was into warm to very warm oils, but this honey simply didn't want to mix ... no matter what. You can see the golden flecks of it in the uncolored batch that turned from butterscotch color to white. Sigh. I wanted the butterscotch lol. This also has buttermilk added to it and I'm trying cocoa butter in place of the mango I normally use. This was a small batch and hasn't been in a mold for 12 hours yet. And that led to warming the honey to add to the oils and I won't do that again either, me thinks.

honey_med_savnnah1.jpg

Maybe I was wrong to let the oils cool to about 95 and then add heated honey, which I zapped in the microwave (maybe that was the wrong thing to do too), but this seemed to turn into pearls of honey that just sounded crunchy under the stick blender. So I colored the batch and tossed in another FO. I used the medium golden honey with this and well ... I just couldn't smell honey in any of these and figured if it came out aromatically it would go with the fragrances I chose. This one was actually made with unrefined shea and water discounted. The FO helped it reach trace sooner, so, yea, that's why it used it (yeah that's why :P )

HEY! Good to see you around! Was going to get a stash of this all together and ask again for your address to send it to you.

Weird thing about butterscotch one is appears to only be white on top ... Have absolutely no clue why.

Scented, just a thought on the honey. I've always soaped 50/50 lye to water but the one time I did use real honey, I added it to goats milk and blended that really well and I had no issues with it blending. Maybe discount your water to lye a bit and add some water with the honey blended in? Just a thought as I am certainly no expert on honey soaps. LOL

ETA: DUH! I love the looks of the soaps even if the honey didn't blend well. Great work as always :)

I like the middle pic. It's screaming my name! CBE! CBE! CBE! lol I lurve honey soaps. I remember getting one in a swap, and all I could smell was sweet honey. Not the fake FO honey smell, but REAL honey smell. It was dreamy.

Where are cut pics? Come on now! You're slackin'! :P