Wholesale Discounts

peacola

I'm working on pricing for my first wholesale order and I'm confused about discounts. At what point do you discount? For example, is there a discount for 1-4 cases or do you discount 1-25 items and the retailer gets 5% off. What percentage is the standard and what quantity of cases? Some of my cases hold 6 and some hold 12.

I'm giving her pricing tomorrow and I want to completely seal this deal.

I sell wholesale mostly, and have one set price for each size candle. No discounts given. Min. $ to purchase wholesale. I also require a min. of 2 candles per scent/size.

Private Label is a certain # of cases as the minimum, but same pricing as wholesale.

But, then if they buy alot, I always throw in extras so they can burn inside their store and write SAMPLE ~ NOT FOR RESALE on the label.

HTH

Carrie

I think I phrased my question strangely. I have my wholesale prices set, but a lady I know who use to own a boutique said when people would wholesale her items if she bought 1-25 cases of 8oz candles wholesale for example she would get a 5% discount and if she purchased 25-50 she would maybe get 8% off. I was wondering should I offer a discount like that? I'd rather not. I have my prices set and if my customer buys 100 cases the price is set but I do think it's a good idea to throw some in to burn as candlelady suggested.

Any opinions?

I do not offer additional discounts for larger wholesale orders vs medium wholesale orders. Now if it was a huge order that allowed me to buy my supplies by the pallet rather than the case I would work up something special.