Liquid Dyes And Soy

Liquid dyes will pretty much solve your first couple of problems. So far I haven't had any issues with the liquids from CS - the solvent smell isn't too bad. If you use a soy which frosts, the amount of dye will just make it show up more. I just did a small test pouring two batches of the same wax/fo using 11 drops of liquid red in 7 ounces, and 4 full chips of red in the same amount of wax. There was no difference in frosting (basically, no frost). I used to have some issues with the solvents in dyes actually affecting the setup of plaln soys but I'm using CBA now and so far so good - no problems with the solvents yet. It seems to be more the FO type that can cause frosting.

HTH

I have never used anything but liquid dyes (from Lonestar) and have never had any problems with them. While it's sometimes difficult to get vibrant colors in soy, my colors are always consistent, not blotchy. I agree with Henryk in that If you use a soy which frosts, the amount of dye will just make it show up more. This, however, is something that probably bothers us chandlers more than it bothers our customers.

CandleScience

The soy color chips that they offer in Red, Blue, Green, Yellow are absolutely wonderful in soy wax. They produce a very vibrant color unlike most liquids or chips we have tried before. Just wanted to let you know so if you are looking for vibrant colors they are the way to go. We just got another order of about 300 color chips from them!!!

Good luck!!