Shipping Shock

I promised myself that I would never buy from C&S again, I should have known ... I bought a one pound bottle of fo and three 1 oz samples ... not bad, the cost was around $12. However, the shipping was over $20. Crazy right? Especially when they are located in PA and I live in NJ, maybe 2 hrs. away.

I can't blame anyone but myself. I paid through PayPal at the time of purchase, then they sent me a notice that I needed to pay again for shipping ... that's when I just about had to pick myself off the floor. *faint*

What was I thinking? ... I guess I wasn't. *shudder*

I always call them with my order and get my shipping costs up front.

That way I don't get any more $20.00 surprises!!

If you call and ask about the shipping rate, and they give you a hard time, email Cindy directly.

$20.00 is outrageous... I would have expected it to be hand delivered at that price!!!:laugh2:

Let us know how you make out. Good Luck...

I just sent an overnight 8 pound package to someone from Washington to Tennessee. I tried to talk the gal out of overnight, but that's what she wanted.

The cost to her? $55.60!

I almost crapped my pants at the post office. I hope I don't hear from her because I did try to talk her out of it.

I'm glad you got it straightened out. I knew it had to be a mistake. I've had 10lb of oils shipped to me for $16.something. that being said. I really wished they would add the shipping feature to their shopping cart.

I just got off the phone with C&S and they were very nice. Long story short ... my shipping is around $10. I feel much better now. :highfive:

Good to hear... But what the heck is their shipping dept. doing..weed3.gif

How hard is it to weigh a package and charge exact shipping...:tiptoe:

I had gotten overcharged several times for shipping via the website.

They did refund me, but what a flippen hassle that was.

Now I call and get shipping upfront. No more surprises...

What was I thinking? ... I guess I wasn't. *shudder*

The question isn't what were YOU thinking. It's what were THEY thinking, charging you $20 for shipping!

Do they use glass bottles? Not that it matters, because even if they did it wouldn't amount to $20 no matter what--they could have at least used flat rate shipping, and even in the largest flat rate box it still wouldn't cost $20. I've never dealt with this company, so I can't speak for their practices, but it's not uncommon for some businesses to offer low pricing on their products and then they try to recoup all of the discount by jacking up the shipping fee. It's nice that they corrected the "error", but I wonder how often things like that happen and they count on people not noticing.

I'm glad you got it straightened out. I knew it had to be a mistake. I've had 10lb of oils shipped to me for $16.something. that being said. I really wished they would add the shipping feature to their shopping cart.

I find that annoying as well. But I order from them periodically because at least 2 of my bestselling oils come from them so I have to. The shipping has been spot on for me fortunately.

When you call in your order they give you the exact shipping right on the phone.. Why can't the put that same program into a calculator on their website..

Here's an old thread from 2006 in regards to their shipping issues..

Thought you might like to read it..

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23994&highlight=shipping+caculator