Anybody own an HP office jet printer?

DH has discovered the world of computers and printing he is working my reserved nerve w/ his copying and printing, so I think it's time to get him his own toy to play with.

I've always used HP (except for my Samsung laser) so I'm not worried about the quality because I've always been happy with them.

I'm researching and checking reviews but it's always nice to hear from some "real" people that I know actually exist LOL

I'm looking at this one, mainly because it has individual and AFFORDABLE seperate color cartridges http://www.shopping.hp.com/store/product/product_detail/CB815A%2523B1H

Any advice or suggestions?

TIA

Sha

I saw that one, but it doesn't have a card reader. DH travels on his bike a lot and is constantly printing pics so he would need to have a card reader. I'm trying to get him COMPLETELY out of my hair! :laugh2:

But this would be a nice gift for my baby niece to take to school in the fall.

Thanks bunches

http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/printer/all-in-one/1/storefronts/CB780A%2523ABA

I just purchased this one, because my HP 2600n fuser kit I bought was missing a part and had to print labels for an order that was being picked up that day....It prints my labels just fine. Cheap too!

Oh, and I got it at Walmart.

I have the HP Officejet Pro L7580 and love it. It supposedly prints as fast as Laser and quality is great. I do a lot of printing and it seems like the individual cartridges last forever. I always turn my old cartridges in at Staples so I get rebate checks and use them for more cartridges. I haven't used the card reader function yet but have printed photos.

I have a similar model to that one I bought a few years ago. I think it is a 5600 series. The only thing I did not like on it was the scan function. You could not just push the button on the machine to scan, you have to pull up the scanner program and use the button on the scanner to program itself. A little frustrating, but I don't scan all that much. Other than that, it prints great, and is not an ink hog.

I had an HP printer once,, will never buy anything HP again. Wouldn't pull different thicknesses of paper causing continual print jams, loss of labels, paper etc. It was a real piece of work....

I had always owned HP till I got sick and tired of spending so much on ink cartridges that didn't last very long and having continuous print jams. I got a Canon MP610 and am SO happy with it.....what a difference from the HP. My ink lasts forever and I only have to replace the colors I'm out of and they are much cheaper than the HP's. I'm like Sherri and will NEVER own another HP!!! :cool2:

I have the HP Officejet Pro L7580 and love it. It supposedly prints as fast as Laser and quality is great. I do a lot of printing and it seems like the individual cartridges last forever. I always turn my old cartridges in at Staples so I get rebate checks and use them for more cartridges. I haven't used the card reader function yet but have printed photos.

Chiptooth, I think the L7580 is discontinued. What is that 71.99 print head thingy that goes with it?

But I did look at the L7590. Very nice!

I had an HP printer once,, will never buy anything HP again. Wouldn't pull different thicknesses of paper causing continual print jams, loss of labels, paper etc. It was a real piece of work....

Until I gat a Samsung laser, I've always had HP. I never had a problem printing w/ different paper thickness. Not even with the very old deskjet 722c...wiich my Mom is still using!

I had always owned HP till I got sick and tired of spending so much on ink cartridges that didn't last very long and having continuous print jams. I got a Canon MP610 and am SO happy with it.....what a difference from the HP. My ink lasts forever and I only have to replace the colors I'm out of and they are much cheaper than the HP's. I'm like Sherri and will NEVER own another HP!!! :cool2:

That's what I like about some of the office jets, single cartridges like a laser.

Chiptooth, I think the L7580 is discontinued. What is that 71.99 print head thingy that goes with it?

But I did look at the L7590. Very nice!

Didn't know how to quote..anyway. I'm not sure what the $71.99 print head thingy is. I haven't had to purchase anything extra for mine.

I'm with whoever recommended NOT buying an HP. I love my Canon inkjet, and it has 6 ink cartridges. I buy generic cartridges for it through a place online called LD Products, and they only cost me about $7/each. Usually most people go through yellow, cyan and magenta cartridges differently, so having them ALL be separate is great. Mine has Black, Yellow, Magenta, Cyan, PhotoCyan and PhotoMagenta Cartridges. Those last 2 save a bunch of ink form the Cyan and Magenta (alone) cartridges. I'm not sure what the going price is these days, since I bought it about 2 years ago, but ANY of the Pixma Canon printers or 3 in ones, have my vote. I'm going to try out the new Kodak all-in-one pretty soon also. The ink for that one is really cheap, and it puts a waterproof coat over whatever you print, if you print in color (like photos), like I have on my label.

I just got the HP Officejet 6500 and I love it. On sale right now at best buy for $75.00. I print all my own labels and like the fact I only have to replace just the color I ran out of. Mine also has the fax machine which I use all the time. Wouldn't give it up:2cents:

I just got the HP Officejet 6500 and I love it. On sale right now at best buy for $75.00. I print all my own labels and like the fact I only have to replace just the color I ran out of. Mine also has the fax machine which I use all the time. Wouldn't give it up:2cents:

That's the exact one I was looking at. I went to order it and something told me to check the specs again. When I did, I discovered that the darn thing reads every card but a compact flash!

Yeah, I'm a little slow :laugh2: . I still use compact flash.

Chiptooth' date=' I think the L7580 is discontinued. What is that 71.99 print head thingy that goes with it? [/color']But I did look at the L7590. Very nice!
I'm not sure what the $71.99 print head thingy is. I haven't had to purchase anything extra for mine.

Chiptooth, I talked to a friend of mine who worked for HP and he told me the print head is consumable, kinda like something related to a drum or a transfer belt in a laser. If you use the printer to it's max monthly duty cycle, he said the print head may need to be replaced about every couple of years. It really depends on how much you print.

Some HP cartridges have the print head integrated (like the OJ 6500) so no need to buy more. Others, like yours and the OJ 8500 don't have the print head integrated.

So that's the story of the print head thingy.