Gb 415 verses Gb 464 and C-3

i currently use gb 415 but i have the oppurtunity to buy my wax from a supplier 2 hours away so i can pick up..

the dont carry 415 but theyare getting 464 in 15 days, and also have C-3 and C-1..

can anyone who uses 464, C-3 and C-1 chime in and tell me how you like them and if you have used 415 before let me know differences in the waxes.

thanks so much :D

Just trying out the C-3 on its own (mixed with some 4627 before)

going to add some coconut oil (would like to try USA, but can't get my order from Scentsations for some reason). Going to use the CDN's recommended by Stella1952

Hi Dee

I cant comment on the C-3 or C-1, but I used to use the GW 415 and have recently changed over to the GW 464. The GW 415 is great for both hot & cold throw and gives nice smooth tops with little if any frosting, however its PITA having to wait till it is slushy to pour. Its fine if you are pouring a couple of jars, but if you are doing 10, 20, 30 it becomes a pain as once it is slushy it coold very quickly as you would probably know, which makes pouring a large amount difficult.

The GW 464 can be poured much hotter so you dont run into the same issues on that front. Using the 464 I still get nice smooth tops, however have had some frosting and wet spots. To fix these I waited a day and then hit the jars with a heat gun, let them reset and the frosting went away. For this reason I have now stuck with the 464. Both hot and cold throw are still great with all of the oils that I have used so far.

HTH

Richard

Why not get a small amount of each and try them for yourself? What works well for one person causes another to tear their hair!!

This forum is full of information on all those waxes, available via the search tool. Some folks have used all of them; others have only used one or two and have no point of comparison. The C3 users are gonna say they love their wax. The 415ers will vouch for it; the 464 crew will point out the benefits to their wax. There is no one *best* wax - the best wax is the one that works best for YOU. Often, we make our decisions based on economics... being able to avoid shipping charges is a big factor to most folks that will cause them to switch waxes. EVERY wax has drawbacks, but saving a bundle on shipping can persuade many of us to live with the peculiarities of a certain wax over another that has to be shipped to us.

Get 5# each of 464, C3 & C1 and see which one works the best for you with the FOs, wicks and containers that you use. :)

Stella makes a great point about shipping costs and overall costs.

I use 415 but have tested the c-1 and c-3.

I can get all 3 of these relatively close to me to save on shipping costs but both the c-1 and c-3 are about $20 more per case. The c-1 was alright just like any other wax it has its troubles. I really liked the c-3 especially for nice silky looking tops but couldnt justify the 40% more per case vs the 415. Everyone has to make their own opinion about what they are looking for in a wax and at what cost.

i know one wax may work for one but not another, thats why i asked for those who have used the 415 and the others to chime in and tell me how they liked it and what differences they found.

i did use the search feature, not much on the 464 that i seen and i wanted to know about the 464, c-3 and c-1.. cant find all of them in the same thread.

i probally will get samples to try but i still wanted to ask for opinions.

i wanted to know about the 464, c-3 and c-1.. cant find all of them in the same thread.
Having Craftserver as a resource is like taking an open-book test!!! ;) If you can't locate what you need using the forum search tool, then use the Google forum search. You can use search phrases, keywords and all kinds of other advanced search goodies that the built-in tool doesn't offer.

PS Check out the link below for instructions on how to search using the forum search tool and Google to search the entire site...

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19106&postcount=2

HTH :)

Ugh why is it when i finally ask for some opinions i get the do a search ect ect.. i always do searches but when i dont find what i am looking for or not enough i tend to post and ask.. when i searched for Gb 464 i came up with only 2 pages and only a few threads had some info i was wanting.

the reason i posted the thread was to ask those who have tried all or some of the waxes.

to those who did reply with answers to my questions, thank you.

now i remember why i tend not to post.

I know that the search thing can be difficult sometimes but if you are looking for something and cannot find it try changing your words. Like a lot of people just use 464 and not the GB 464. So try that and you should get a lot of threads because it is talked about a lot.

Dont be scared by the people on here really they are nice but if you are a regular around here you will noticed that EVERY single new person comes to this board and asks the very same question (and I was one of those people also, and I was told the very same thing).

Which I see you are not new to the forum but maybe you dont come here that often so you dont see it that much to realize how often it happens.

Please dont take offense to what I am trying to say, I am just trying to help you understand why they come back and say to search. Best of luck.

... which is WHY I directed you to the site instructions about using Google to search Craftserver. When I followed the directions, using "GB 464" as the search term (note the quote marks) only two hits came up, so I clicked "In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 2 already displayed. If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included."

I then got 10 pages. Here are links from the first two...

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22765

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22672

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58707

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76417

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74991

This is how we learn! ;)