shallow tins vs deep tins for wickless

Jeana

Has anyone compared them? I'm using the deeper ones now but they seem to take a while for everything to melt and get the scent out there. I was thinking the shallow ones might be faster for melting and releasing the scent.

Shallow ones are 1 1/8" deep, the deep ones are 2" deep.

I use the 4oz shallow with 3oz of scented wax. I also use the 8oz (thats also 3 inches wide) with 6oz of scented wax. So they both are the same size across, and I use the same labels on them. It works well for me. The 8oz obviously has a bit more extra space in the tin than the 4oz does.

Thanks. I ended up ordering the 8 oz shallow. They are 4" wide. I'm hoping they will melt faster cuz the 6oz deep ones I am using now can take a half hour or more to melt and get the scent throwing.

Hi Jeana, :)

I have never used the shallow ones, but the wait for the 8 oz./6 oz. tin is not a big issue at all for any of my customers. Some candle makers use the 10 oz. apothecary jars and that is what I first tested in. Now those take way too long for me and I am sure they would for the customer too - at least some customers. When I switched to the tins, they made a BIG difference in melt time. They really do melt the wax a lot faster and even the 11 oz. tins. Even though I have not tested the shallow ones, you may find that the fragrance will dissipate faster with the shallow tins because the wax may get even hotter because it is spread out more and is shallow. I have not tested it though. Let me know how it works for you.

~Holly

P.S. Just thought I would let you know that I have found that even with the deeper tins it is easy for the customer to spill the wax out. It just can happen sometimes from them bumping it or moving it when they shouldn't. I would think it would be even worse with the shallow ones because you won't want to pour too far below the top since it is real shallow to begin with.