Need Help with my first candles......

are you securing them with anything to the bottom of the jar?

they have to be secured or they will not stay put, and you will

never get a good burning candle..

the metal thingy on the bottom of the wick...you either have glue it down with a glue gun or..get some wick stickums..or something that will secure it to the bottom..

and you also need to make sure they are centered or your candle will burn lop sided..

I get my wick stickums from Bitter Creek north..

you can also get from BCN some bow tie wick holders they are a must..they are metal..i love mine..

The video I watched said to use a popsicle stick with a hole in it and drop the wick down the stick then lower the wick into the jelly jar. So if i glue the wick to the bottom of the jar first is it ok to then pour the wax at 115 degrees in it??? I am really new to this duhhhh lol thanks for replying to my post

The video I watched said to use a popsicle stick with a hole in it and drop the wick down the stick then lower the wick into the jelly jar. So if i glue the wick to the bottom of the jar first is it ok to then pour the wax at 115 degrees in it??? I am really new to this duhhhh lol thanks for replying to my post

Welcome Kim!

Pouring the wax over the wick will not hurt it at all. Glue the wick to the bottom of the jar and then pull it up tight and center it using the popsicle stick.

Have fun!

Thank you so much for your advice Leah. I do appreciate all the help I can get. I am so excited about making my own candles:yay:

I love to burn candles, I burn atleast 10 a day in my home. So I figured if I made my own and sold some it wont be so expensive lol :cheesy2:

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR ADVICE

Thank you so much for your advice Leah. I do appreciate all the help I can get. I am so excited about making my own candles:yay:

I love to burn candles, I burn atleast 10 a day in my home. So I figured if I made my own and sold some it wont be so expensive lol :cheesy2:

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR ADVICE

You should hold off on your selling idea. You just started, read and learn, make your mistakes and then consider selling. It sometimes takes years for that.

Good Luck!

Agree with MsMeredith 100%. Just because you got a wicking issue solved (I hope) isn't a reason to jump in sell. You need to learn more about the craft and your processes and the scents you're working with etc. and probably should consider getting some insurance too just in case you sell a faulty product and it lights someone's house on fire.