UPS just delivered my Bluegrass Samples

I am not to good a decribing..but I did recive 12 samples..and they all smell really good out of bottle...I knew they were coming today..I already have my wax, jars and am ready to pour them..

but here they are..

Maui Baby..it is not an ocean smell to me..but it is a fresh scent, with some floral and fruit in it..

Marshmello Ambrosia...I could just tip the bottle up and drink it..

i really hope this one is has a strong HT..defanatly some creaminess, but some fruityness too..

ultimate creme brulee...good and strong oob..i think i smell some nuttiness there too..

key west...this one smells really tangy to me..

tangy mulberry...I like it very well oob...i just hope it does not have a fuel smell...i have yet to find a mulberry that does not throw a fuel smell in my wax

coconut mango..diffenatly smell the coconut..mango is subtle..

caribbean mango...i don't know about this one...i think i almost smell some minty smell here..

buttercream...oh my goodness..it is really goodness in a bottle..

i have always loved yanks buttercream..and this smell to just like it..

lavender apples and oak...i can smell all those in it..it smells wonderful...

blueberry cobbler...smells like a cobbler baking..i am hopeing it does not have a vinagar smell..which i have had alot with blueberry smells..

butterscotch ripple..smell just as it sounds..strong OOB

coconut milk and peaches...not so sure about it..but will put it in wax and see...

i will repost in a new thread when I test burn them..

i just poured all these in wax..

there are some i like, and some i don't like..

I have not burned any yet..just letting you know how they smell once they have been put in wax..

the buttercream has a plasticy smell..maybe when it cures it will be ok..

the tangy mulberry smells great..just hope it doesn't have a fuel smell..

blueberry cobbler smell good..just not real strong

marshmello ambrosia..smells really good..and I think i'm getting quite abit of pinapple smell

butterscotch ripple..smells good...

coconut mango...can definatly smell both coconut and mango, just a bit of tart smell...

lavender, apples & oak..this one is wonderful smelling.i hope it has a killer HT..

key west...not really fond of this one..hopefully it will cure out better

caribbean mango...not really fond of this one either...

creme brulee..smells really good...but I have others that I like better.

maui baby...i think i will like this one..can smell just a undertone of floral..it is kind of hard to describe this one..

coconut milk & peaches...don't really care for this one..maybe it will cure out better too..

Thanks for the reviews. Please keep us updated as you test burn ... what wax do you use? As soon as their new website is up and running, I plan on ordering a sample pack too.

I will Candlebuddy...

All you have to do is emal them, that you would like to place a sampler package order..they will email you right back..you select what you want..give them your zip code..and they will invoice you..

Mine was 6/12.95 or 12/24.95

I use GB 415

it is a heavier oil..but i had no trouble at all blending it into my wax..

it does smell delish OOB...but I am getting a bit of plastic smell, once it hit my wax..I'm hoping that, that cure out..

just because I get a plastic smell doesn't at all mean that you would get one with your wax though...it seems like every wax will react different..I bet if you had 10 different waxes..and used the same oil..you would get something different with each one..lol

I have so wanted to find a good buttercream..i love yanks..

I love the new Bluegrass... Buttercream is wonderful in 435 soy, love it. Cinnamon Rolls, Maple Nut Crunch, Burnin' Love Cinnamon is the best red hot around. Candy corn and Candy cane smell so good, better than any others I have found.I emailed them the other day about Butterscotch Brulle and they said they were going to get all of Bluegrass scents in as people ask for them. These people seem to be right on track....

Update: After posting the above, I decided to email Bluegrass. I totally agree with you Sharon, these people really are on track, they aim to please.

The new owners said that their second newsletter is coming out this weekend. From what they tell me, it's gonna be packed with lots of information. If you're interested in what's happening at Bluegrass, you should sign up for the newsletter.

They also plan to launch their new website on Mother's Day. I'm really excited about the new website ... pm me if you want more details.

I felt the same as you candlebuddy...

the emails i recieved were very nice..

When I asked about the samplers, they got right back

with me, with a price..and told me just to email,

what I wanted..I recieved my order in record time..

And I have all 12 setting curing in my wax, as I write..:)

I do think I will give them a 1 wk. cure time...

Just got my BG newsletter today ... :whoohoo: Can you tell I'm excited? The new website is now scheduled for Memorial Day instead of Mother's Day, but that's ok, it's well worth the wait.

The 4oz size will be included on their website, and lots of awesome scents will be added this month! *super banana* So excited that I'm doin the Naner-dance!

• 1 month later...

here are my results with Bluegrass Fo's..in GB 415..

Keep in mind this is results of what I like...Someone else may totally love one that I don't really care for.

Butterscotch Ripple..Had a good HT, and I really liked it, But to me it smelled alot like a Creme Brulee I have, and I like the one I have already better...

Ultimate Creme Brulee...To me this one has a med. HT..and as above, I like the one I already have better...

Coconut Mango...I really like this one..it will be one that I reorder in a large size bottle...

Coconut Milk & Peaches...I like this one, and it has a very good HT..

Lavender, Apples & Oak...This one has a Med. HT..and I am having trouble wicking it...but i love the smell, I just wish it were stronger..

Tangy Mulberry...Did not care for this one..it had a really strong fuel smell...

Marshmello Ambrosia..I really like this one, and it has a good HT..and i can smell pinapple..

Maui Baby...I did not like this one...

Buttercream...When I first made this one, and before I burned it,,it seemed to have a plasticy smell...but after it cured for awhile, and when I did finally burn it..it did not have that smell..and it smelled really good..I would say it had between a med and strong HT..

Key West...It was not a favorite..and had a med HT...

Thanks for the update! I loved their oils before and want to continue to try them. They seem to be a little more expensive than others I buy and i was wondering if the quality would justify the cost, so have been trying to keep up with posters who are testing their stuff.