Dip in my tarts

Fern

I had to change the size of the tarts that I normally make to a smaller size to accommodate the new burners I got...the bowls are a tad under 3" in diameter, which are the size of my current tarts. Anyway, I ended up having to use the standard 2.25" tart molds that you see on just about every website and no matter how cool I pour these, I'm getting a dip in the center once it sets up. I already tried heating the tops with my heat gun and it doesn't do any good...it still dips after it's cooled. I never had this problem with my other tart molds and I'm pretty sure its because the depth of the molds is less...probably about 1/4" whereas the standard molds are about 3/4". I'm using OK6228, I know...it shrinks like a beotch but it's got great scent throw...and J223. I upped the amount of J223 to see if that would help but I may need to up it even more. Any suggestions guys?

I know...it shrinks like a beotch but it's got great scent throw...and J223. I upped the amount of J223 to see if that would help but I may need to up it even more. Any suggestions guys?

I'd try upping it a bit more. Don't know your percentages, but that might cure what ails them.

Thanks for the reply guys. My room didn't seem that cool yesterday since I had the heat on so I don't think it's the room temperature. I poured as cool as I possibly could...it was starting to solidify in the pour pot...so I don't think it's that...must be that I need to add more J223 to the OK6228 since it shrinks so much...so I guess I'll do that. Appreciate the help! :)

Pouring cooler, around 150 or so, and adding at least 25% J-223 or other similar wax eliminated the dips. I have a cool basement, so in winter I'd line up the molds on a warming tray while I was pouring them. Sometimes,a very slight dip still formed, but the heat gun would eliminate them. Without these steps, the dip would re-form after heat-gunning just as yours did. HTH.

Since i use igi 4794, I always get a dip not matter what temp I pour at. Some people don't mind it that way, but i don't like the look, so I do a second pour. Think It just gives a nicer finish. Its not really a pain. I warm the tops up with a heat gun before the second pour, so I don't get a pour line.