Dumb turkey fryer question...

I finally got one and have a stupid question. Everyone has said that you need to pour liquid wax to cover the coils when you first start it and then fill it with your chunks of wax. What do you do if you dont use all the wax in the pot? do you leave it running? or can you unplug it and then go back to it a couple of days later and then just start it up again even though the wax is hard now...thanks!

I leave wax in mine all the time (and turn it off) but try to make sure it's only a few inches or so...

When you start it back up, you have to make sure you re-heat it very SLOWLY and make sure to keep the lid on it. A lot of times, the wax will spurt out like a little volcano and you can make a heck of a mess, if the lid isn't on it. I learned this first hand. lol

That's OK, I wondered the same thing the first time I used mine. :smiley2:

Once it is melted in there you just leave it in there and unplug as usual. It will keep the coils protected that way. Normally, I never leave it get below that level again. You are always adding additional wax to the fryer and just make sure that you don't let it run so low that the coils aren't covered in the future.

Hope that makes sense. You will love it! Don't know how I survived with out it now!

When you start it back up, you have to make sure you re-heat it very SLOWLY and make sure to keep the lid on it. A lot of times, the wax will spurt out like a little volcano and you can make a heck of a mess, if the lid isn't on it. I learned this first hand. lol

YES . . .please follow these instructions! I learned this the hard way. I had a volcano effect happen to me and the wax burnt my hand pretty badly.

I take a wooden skewer and poke holes in the wax BEFORE turning it on to relieve the pressure of the wax as it melts.

YES YES YES on poking holes in the hard wax before reheating, that is one thing I learned right after I got mine from the people on this board and I didn't want to find out the hard way like they did.

I too just leave the wax in mine and just plug it in a bit before I'm ready to begin working.