burnt smell

Vec

as long as wax doesnt catch on fire..its still good wax(and additives)..right? it was only parafin and vybar..because im catching a burnt smell...plastic..paint..something coming from my pouring pot...wondering if its the wax or just my makeshift double boiler pot

edit:

and to all the newer people like myself, if it hasnt been stressed to you enough..-dont- leave wax unattended..all the water boiled out of my pot and my thermometer was just a -shade- under the ParafinGoPoof temp..and the thermometer wasnt even in the wax...it was about an inch above..

be careful

Oh beeen there done that way too many times.. Trust me.. It sucks LOL

Oh- and I am making a palm wax pillar right now.. waiting for all the wax to melt ( which seems to take a whole bunch of time) and right at the end, I put my mold in the oven to heat it up (underneath some papertowels) , ran upstairs to get dye and fragrance.. Hubby caught me and started talking to me about something...

Set it and forget it??? LOL WRong thing to do.. I went down stairs, took it out and it was on fire. LOL I don't know how many times I have done that, but way too many to keep doing it...

The things we do for this hobby LOL

Christina