Insulating

dslewis18

when i first started making soap...with goats milk..i would always put in the refrig..or freezer..

I now insulate and gel my gm soap...

so if you are new to making soaps...to get the feel of it, maybe try a few first by putting it in the refrig, or freezer..

that way you will know kind of how it reacts..and as you get more confortable start experimenting..

i would only leave in 2 or so hours..

I will be truthful..since I have started letting my soaps gell...

I like them better...even my gm soaps..

what I do is once the soap is in the mold..I have a couple of pieces of flat cardboard,,and I put them on my wood table..then I totally wrap them in a towel..and then cover them with a blanket..and leave there until the next morning..and cut them

I am having less trouble with ash..and I think my soaps have a better texture..

I leave mine in the freezer several hours, even overnight. When I take them out, I let them set a couple hours and bring to room temp. before I cut them. I've never had any start to gel once they were out of the freezer. I don't like them to gel, as I like the lighter ivory color, rather than the tanish color they get when they gel...just a matter of preference. I make all my soaps with 100% fresh goat's milk. :cool2: