Tornado Soap

ljhenry

Hi all. Well, if you've seen the news, I live in Mena, Arkansas and we had an F3 tornado through here. My house did not survive, be we did. My soaps are all fuzzy now from all the insulation that was blowing around. Since it was cellulose insulation, I think that I can just give them all a little rinse, maybe. Lost alot of my fragrances, but that just gives me an excuse to buy more. haha. What a ride! Had so many people helping us to move before the rains started that now I can't find anything. If anyone from here lives in Tennessee, I hope that you are alright as these storm also went through parts of Tennessee.

PS, There is no such thing as luck!

Sorry to hear about the destruction and your loss. I wouldn't be thinking you can just rinse and soaps will be fine. I've been in a tornado and had insulation all over the place as well. It doesn't just go away. The stuff clings and hangs on to things seemingly forever ... along with the fact that it doesn't belong in soap. This is my opinion. I just don't think you can get rid of the insulation.

Thanks for your replies. I thought I would try to wash some of them and see what happens. It is cellulose and not glass fibers. Kinda like paper. Hate to lose all that, but if that is the way it has to be, so be it. It sure is a mess though. It might be great insulation, but it sure is messy.

Lorrie

I would definitely try washing them...especially if they are just for your own use. You have nothing to lose and may be pleasantly surprised. After a good wash and a little drying time, I'd spray them well with alcohol.

I was so sorry to hear what happened in Mena. What a shame that you lost your fragrance oils but I'm assuming you and your family fared ok. Hopefully you will find lots of new oils you'll love even more.

I'd love to hear how your soaps turn out.

I agree with scented about the insulation as it is glass and if you have ever had insulation on you it makes you itch like crazy. I sure would not want to wash my body with a possibility of spreading it in sensitive places . Believe me you itch and itch.

I am however sorry to hear you lost your house and I'm sure more than just some soap & FO's. It is great you are OK though!

I agree with scented about the insulation as it is glass and if you have ever had insulation on you it makes you itch like crazy. I sure would not want to wash my body with a possibility of spreading it in sensitive places . Believe me you itch and itch.

I am however sorry to hear you lost your house and I'm sure more than just some soap & FO's. It is great you are OK though!

She stated in her last post that the insulation is not fiberglass...it's cellulose which is more like paper.

(It is cellulose not fiberglass insulation) Everyone is fine and I guess this just makes me do spring cleaning a little more throughly than I had anticipated. I do appreciate everyone's comments.