Room Spray

Babyv

I made my first room spray about a week ago:

3 oz WSP Room/linen spray base

1 oz Bert's FO - Black Raspberry Vanilla

No Color

4 oz WSP alumnium bullet spray bottle

So far in testing, it has worked great. The scent lingers around for hours. I just noticed that in my bathroom, I have ceramic tile flooring, it seems to get oily on the ground. I have hardwood floors everywhere else and I don't see or feel it anywhere else except the bathroom. It's not really noticable during the day, mostly right after I shower and there is a mixture of steam and the oil. I almost feel last night and I am 8 months pregnant. Could it be that I am using too much fragrance oil? I am going to try and make another one using .5 oz and see how that does. Could anyone who uses the WSP base tell me if I am adding too much FO.

Winter Willow: I don't know if it is cloudy as I am using the aluminuim bullet bottles. I am thinking of placing them in a see thru bottle just to see the mixture. I will let you know.

Ladysj: It sounded like a lot of FO to me but that's what was recommended. I must say that the scent lasts a long time. I have tried the FO at 1/2 oz to 3.5 oz of base and so far so good.

Laura

• 2 months later...

Update: I find that adding the 1 oz makes the room spray very oily. You can feel the residue on my wood floors....not good :( . I have cut it down to 1/2 oz but I still feel it is a bit oily. I am going to try less oil and see how it works. I am worried about the scent not lingering around long enough.

Laura

I use the same as mentioned 1 oz FO and 3 oz spray from WSP. I think it is just the combination of the spray and steam on the tile. Also, it only take 1 or 2 squirts to scent. My husband is guilty of spraying everything he can get it on in the bathroom. Just wait until you sit down on the commode and start sliding

:P :p :P

I don't notice it anywhere else though. You can also use it on your bed-sheets. When you crawl in it at night sure smells good. Just don't spray heavy!

I always shake it couple times just to be sure everything is mixed good. Put that on my labels also.

I was looking at those today actually at WSP. And yes, they do recommend as much as 50% fo. I think that would be overkill. 25% however seems reasonable.

I was also looking at the room spray base from CandleMakers. It is a lot cheaper, but they don't have fo recommendations listed. Anyone try their's yet?

I was looking at those today actually at WSP. And yes, they do recommend as much as 50% fo. I think that would be overkill. 25% however seems reasonable.

I was also looking at the room spray base from CandleMakers. It is a lot cheaper, but they don't have fo recommendations listed. Anyone try their's yet?

I do 1 oz fo per 3 oz base from wsp. It lasts forever. I havent noticed any slickness on my wood floors and im a sprayaholic

CountryTartMom: Do you add anything else to the spray? My sister and bro-in-law have been testing the room sprays for me and they both said it left the floor oily.

I am trying to make my room sprays as close to Scentys room sprays as they can. They are strong, last long and no oilnesss to them. I am confussed as to what to do next. :confused:

Laura

Sounds like they are spraying to heavy or to close to the floor. I spray upward into the air just a couple of squirts. Tried to get that thru my DH head but he wants to spray in the bathroom to close to floor & toilet :cheesy2:

CountryTartMom: Do you add anything else to the spray? My sister and bro-in-law have been testing the room sprays for me and they both said it left the floor oily.

I am trying to make my room sprays as close to Scentys room sprays as they can. They are strong, last long and no oilnesss to them. I am confussed as to what to do next. :confused:

Laura

That is somewhat my goal as well. I haven't tested any bases as of yet, just gathering information so far. I am wondering how the Kentucky Candle base is in comparison to the others. Does anyone know?

I dont add anything extra to it. To me it seems like it says in the air. Im always sweeping my floor since i have 3 young children, so i would have noticed if it left the floor oily.

I have looked on KY's website and i cant find the base, where is it located? Id love to find something cheaper

Sounds like they are spraying to heavy or to close to the floor. I spray upward into the air just a couple of squirts. Tried to get that thru my DH head but he wants to spray in the bathroom to close to floor & toilet :cheesy2:

This is what i do as well. i spray it up to my ceiling fans too. Im terrible at getting it in my eyes lol.