Newbie to soaps

Ingrid

I have been making candles for 4 years and would now like to try my hand at soap making. I would like to start with body wash and foot scrubs but know nothing about it. Need a little guidance on where to get recipies and also about product. Can anyone help me get started. Would love to be able to go to a class but have not had any luck with that in my area.

Hi Ingrid and welcome.

You can start out with some bases if you want. Bases can be a great way to start to make stuff while learning about this business and trying different recipes

Do your reading through of old threads and you will find lots of good recommendations for products, companies, insurance, packaging and all kinds of advice. Good luck and have fun.

Hi ingrid. I have been making soap for two years and when i first started I USED BASES FOR EVERYTHING !! Its alot easier starting from there.

http://www.bathandbodyrecipes.com/bath-body-recipe-553/aloe-vera--vitamin-e-lotion-recipe.html

this is a website i have used that has A TON OF RECIPES ON IT including body washs and scrubs like you were looking for

HTH :cheesy2:

• 1 month later...

Sorry for hyjacking the post, but I have a simular question.

I am running low of body wash in my closet so I was going to make my own from now on. I have decided to just use a base and scent it, however I cannot find any smaller containers of base besides a gallon jug. Does the stuff keep for a while so I can make more as I need it? I don't want to start selling it at this time since I am still working on my candle line and don't have time to do research on the requirements for my state. Lastly, does anybody have any suggestions on the best place to buy the base.