Centering labels

deb426

What type label on what jar? I remember someone saying to put a label on the face of a round jar first put a rubber band around the jar. Stand the jar up and measure and move the rubber band until it is straight and then lay the jar on it's side an apply the label above the rubber band.

If you have waterproof labels printed on a laserjet you can fill a spray bottle with dish soap/ water mixture and spray a bit on the jar. The label will slide around till you get it where you need it then use a credit card to smooth it down.

Both seem like way to much trouble to me. I just eyeball them.

Eyeball here too, however I do stick it on one edge of the label first and kind of roll it on and if it doesn't look like it's going to be straight, I can pull it off and start over. My labels don't stick till I smooth them on.

Maybe you're eyeball challenged :rolleyes2

What type label on what jar? I remember someone saying to put a label on the face of a round jar first put a rubber band around the jar. Stand the jar up and measure and move the rubber band until it is straight and then lay the jar on it's side an apply the label above the rubber band.

This rubber band tips sounds like a good one! I may just try this one myself!! :)

One thing that can help is to use a box that is close in size to that of the container you're using, put the container in it and mark the side edges of the box with tape or a marker to designate where the top and bottom edges of the label should go. Then the container should be stationary and you will have a guide to show you about where the label should be placed.

Hi Deb,

I try an explain what I do and hopefully it makes sense. :cheesy2: I made a cardboard cut out that I measured to the center of my jars from the top and bottom so they are perfectly centered each time. I'm like you where I would get frustrated if I was just a little shaky with my hand and put a label on "a little off".

Anyway, my cardboard cut out hole (the opening) was just a tad smaller than the size of my lablel. I covered the cardboard with wax paper so the label wouldn't stick directly to the cardboard. I put my label over the opening and hold the cut out up to my jar which perfectly centers them and press the label in the middle on to the jar. When I press in the middle the label just comes right off that little lip on the cut out on to the jar perfectly centered (top to bottom) everytime.

Seem like a lot of work I know but the cardboard template makes me feel like I'm better at more centered, straight label applying. :smiley2: