Curious about votive sales

How do you get votives to sell? I thought when I started making candles that they would be my best seller but I can't hardly give them away. I must admit my biggest problem is that I sell them in a box of 6 but then, I sell my tea lights in the same sized box only there are 12 tea lights in each box so I do have people that complain about having to buy 6 or 12 candles of the same scent but, at the same time, I make variety boxes of each kind and sell them pretty frequently. Just can't seem to sell many votives. What am I doing wrong?

How do you get votives to sell? I thought when I started making candles that they would be my best seller but I can't hardly give them away. I must admit my biggest problem is that I sell them in a box of 6 but then, I sell my tea lights in the same sized box only there are 12 tea lights in each box so I do have people that complain about having to buy 6 or 12 candles of the same scent but, at the same time, I make variety boxes of each kind and sell them pretty frequently. Just can't seem to sell many votives. What am I doing wrong?

People wont buy qty. if they are unsure of the product/scent.

I let them mix and match mine, and they are displayed naked. Maybe consider selling in sixes but maybe mix and match scents? This would kind of do away with the boxes tho :P

We do a lot of votives. I find that people tend to purchase votives first to try out the scents. I just had an order yesterday for 10 different scents, all votives. It a PITA to pour 10 batches just for some votives that I don't have in stock all the time, but whatever. :cheesy2:

I sell alot of soy votives and I display them "naked" in a 18 count display box. I have a big stack of small paper lunch bags next to my display, and just let people mix and match. I also do a votive sampler with a flower pot in the middle, shrink wrapped and tied with raffia and my hang tag. The votives and samplers are by far my biggest seller. I'm going to start making palm votives now too. I'm lovin' the palm!!

It sounds like my biggest problem may be selling in the boxes but, if I sell individually, the votives are not labeled and then the customer doesn't get my contact information. I have had better luck since I started offering assorted packages of votives and, since I always pour 1 or 2 extra votives, it's really the best way to get rid of those candles and still make a sale. Guess I'll just keep plugging away the way I am and hope for the best.