A couple questions about bath bomb cupcake frosting

onlyscents

Hi, I'm going thru my list of stuff to order. I've got 2 places left to buy from and I'll be set well 3 actually (I need container wax paraffin I only have soy).

I want to get my order in at snowdrift farms for the e-wax and some other stuff (cyclo etc.)

How do you make the frosting for the cupcakes? I've seen a recipe but it calls for using all of WSP's premade stuff and I want to make it from scratch. Or can you do that? I've seen some beautiful cupcakes that I'd love to get my hands on in here lol and for the life of me I can't find a recipe?

One of the recipes I looked at calls for sls. Is that sodium lauryl sulfate? Sorry for all the questions I just want to get the rest of the stuff I need ordered and start playing instead of seeing a recipe and going oh jeez I could make that if only I had (insert missing item here).

And what is "dry flo" ?

Thanks everyone!!

The recipe on WSP's site makes a frosting that is not-so-great in my opinion. That is one item that never made it past me as the tester. Usually I test, then hand it off to testers who will report back to me. The frosting is like gummy soap. It doesn't get firm like MP--it's almost like stale marshmallow consistency. Good luck trying to wash with it as well!! It hit the trash can without me even leaving the bathtub! LOL I do, however, like the idea of whipping shea/mango butter + slsa and seeing if I can come up with a frosting that way. That way you can almost have two bubbly baths! I might have to experiment a bit! :) Seriously, IMO don't waste your money trying to make the WSP frosting! It's your money, but I would hate to see someone end up like I did with a whooooole bunch of supplies ordered for a less than stellar recipe. Just my $.02

Yep, Soap Queen's recipe is out and I am on the hunt today for some of those ingredients for the frosting. If anyone needs the recipe, let me know and I will post it in the recipe section.

When making these though, has anyone found that the regular size cupcakes are too much for a normal tub full of water? I dont have one of those big whirlpool tubs or garden tubs and when making the big ornament bath bombs can really split the bombs in half and it still is a lot for my tub. I would assume that the small cupcake molds would be about the same size as a normal bath bomb. Anyone opinions on this?

Also, do I have to use paper cupcake holders? I keep seeing everyone use these but since the base gets rock hard, I cant see why you would Have to use them.

I use regular size cupcakes, using the papers just gives it that extra detail when you press your mix down into it.

I do like to use the bite size cupcake liners better now, instead of one big bomb i give away 4 smaller bombs.

As for frosting, ive tried just about everything, the FBB and MP makes gooey rubber soap, making CP whipped soap is awesome but you do have to wait on the cure. The best so far for me is the meringue powder method.

Even Bath & Body Works uses the meringue and sugar method for their cupcake bombs.

I know there is a base for frosting soap

https://www.oakcourtcreations.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=12&idproduct=448

I have yet to try this base

i have a silicone cupcake mold...

im thinking i'll fill the frosting part with mp soap and then try and pack the cake part with bomb and see if that works, im not sure if it will stick together but ya gotta experiment sometimes

and there are alot of cute cupcake molds out there that are reasonable in price

I'll post a pic of my experiment when i get it done