sugar scrub cubes

Greek

I just made 3 batches this morning. My sugar cubes do not get hard I think it could be the castille soap...I have a recipe for soap frosting that calls for the liquid castille soap to harden the MP....

Trying to wrap my head around this - Why would liquid castile harden up MP soap?

Don't have BTMS, what does it do for this recipe? Just want to make for myself so is there something else I might have that is similar?

http://www.lotioncrafter.com/lotioncrafter-btms-50.html

maybe ewax and cetyl alcohol together might work.

BTMS is said to be a bit more conditioning, so not really sure that a mix of ewax and EA would work. Haven't tried it. There are people who 50/50 the ewax and BTMS though and some who use it in other ranges/percentages.

I just made 3 batches this morning. My sugar cubes do not get hard I think it could be the castille soap...I have a recipe for soap frosting that calls for the liquid castille soap to harden the MP....

Is that MP castille soap?

How hard do you want these, because I think they should be a little pliable here. Easier to rub and crumble and use on the skin. If you want them harder, add more sugar maybe. Hard to say w/o seeing your recipe too.

Edited by Scented

• 2 years later...