colored/tinted lip balm

Lyndsay

Those of you who make lip gloss that actually leaves color on your lips, where do you get your colorant? I see some sold at the sage and I think it was snowdrift farm...I sent them an email but my luck hasnt been good at getting them to respond. Im not sure if their colorant just tints the wax or actually allows color to be applied onto the lips.

WHy wouldnt I want to do that??? lol. Is it harder than I think? Im making lip balms....which Im still upset about the beeswax flavor ... but I give them to my family and both my mother and sis in law want gloss that has color. I told them Im charging them....a nice way to make a few bucks. lol.

Those of you who make lip gloss that actually leaves color on your lips, where do you get your colorant? I see some sold at the sage and I think it was snowdrift farm...I sent them an email but my luck hasnt been good at getting them to respond. Im not sure if their colorant just tints the wax or actually allows color to be applied onto the lips.

I'm not sure how much color you're looking for. If you just want a hint of color, I make one with rose clay and pink mica. I sell a lot of it. People are more interested in my colored lip balm than the uncolored. You can sell them for much more than uncolored.

Rose clay is one of the most mild of the clays. It is even recommended for dry skin. I've always blended it well with the oils, and other than tinting the lipbalm, and your lips, a mauve/pink, you don't feel it in there.