Soy/Vegetable Blend wax

If someone says their candles are made with a soy/vegetable blend wax, do you think they could also be using some parrafin in them? I ask because the candles I'm seeing really look like they must have some parrafin in them as the colors are very very dark, rich, beautiful colors with NO frosting what so ever...how could one tell, aside from asking them, if there is some parrafin in them??? I am considering adding parrafin to my soywax candles and am just curious if this is the result I would get if I did...they are gorgeous candles!

Also which parrafin would you all recommend to use with soy?? Would the comfort blend make to soft of a candle? Would the j-waxes be better?? What are your thoughts?

I don't know if you would be able to find out about another candlemaker's wax unless you do ask. Whether they tell you or not is another story. My wax blend is soy and paraffin and I call it a parasoy blend so I don't confuse my customers. And I am able to achieve dark colors easily.

As far as paraffin waxes, I have tested J50, J223 and 4630 with soy. All these performed well but I chose to go with the 4630 since I thought it gave a better HT. The J50 and J223 did very well, it's just I prefered the 4630.

If someone says their candles are made with a soy/vegetable blend wax, do you think they could also be using some parrafin in them?
That depends on the candlemaker's integrity. Some people think they can call their candles "soy candles" if they contain any soy wax. I think that's disingenuous. If it ain't 100% soy wax, it ain't a 100% soy wax candle!!! Even though some folks call NatureWax C3 a "100% soy wax," the manufacturer's label on the case clearly states "premium vegetable wax." It doesn't even say soy on it!! So on the label for my candles, it states "premium vegetable wax." It IS soy based, but I have no idea what percentage is in there nor what other vegetable oils or waxes are included in the formula. Why mislead folks? I think the only reason some chandlers do this is because some customers believe that soy candles are more "pure" or "green" or something (which is largely marketing bulldoody) so they are trying to "fool" the fools into thinking they are buying something that they certainly are not. Perhaps they feel justified, but I think this is a deceptive business practice.

As for the color - I get very vibrant colors with soy & palm wax blends. Sometimes they frost; sometimes they don't. I have found frosting is exacerbated not only by the dye, but how the candle is poured and, especially, the FO used. HTH ;)