Cleaning Scent from Presto Pot?

I'm wondering what methods you guys use to make sure no fragrance lingers in the presto pots. I add fo at about 185 and am afraid if I pour the wax then add fo, it will be too cool. I wipe it out with lots of paper towels, then leave the heat on for a few minutes to help burn away any leftover scent, but I'm sure there's a better way. Anyone?

Well, that does make more sense, I guess. I've just been pouring from a pyrex meas. cup, but I probably should get a couple of pour pots instead. I don't use any dye in my candles, so maybe it wouldn't be a big deal to get the fragrance in there quickly--is it pretty easy to stir in the pour pot? I usually stir for a good 2 minutes after adding. At least I won't be wearing out the bottom of the presto pot with all the stirring if I do it your way! :)

It is so much easier to use the pour pot...your next batch could be getting ready while you are stirring(I use those cheap white heavy plastic spoons at wally world,they wipe off easy w/paper towels) and adding fo's,then when your done pouring walaa! the next batch is ready and so on...:cheesy2: I have 2 presto's and I store my wax in it(presto)after I am done pouring.After it has cooled I put the lid on, so no dust or dir an get in.Good luck...

Kimmeroo:smiley2:

I made that mistake 1 time...

I had to heat the inside with my heat gun, wipe it out with a clean terry towel, then I filled it full of hot water and set it on high heat. When the temp got to about 300, drain 1/2 of the water into pour pot and pitch. (yep, it ended up behind my fence.) Do the same with the water in the presto pot. Repeat the steps until you see no wax in the water and the scent smell is gone.

The next weekend I took 5 40% off coupons to michaels and bought 5 new pour pots.

Well, that does make more sense, I guess. I've just been pouring from a pyrex meas. cup, but I probably should get a couple of pour pots instead. I don't use any dye in my candles, so maybe it wouldn't be a big deal to get the fragrance in there quickly--is it pretty easy to stir in the pour pot? I usually stir for a good 2 minutes after adding. At least I won't be wearing out the bottom of the presto pot with all the stirring if I do it your way! :)

When I first started I did not have a presto, so I did everything in my pour pots. The presto made the melting part so much easier!

If you have a Michael's craft store in your area, I usually get the pour pots with their 40% off coupon. It's a good savings, and no shipping.

Typically, I now use the Prresto only to heat the wax; I scent and dye in the pour pot. When we DID use FOs in the Presto, I wiped it out with paper towels and did not worry about the residual scent. I never had it cause a problem with the next batch, even if the next batch was unscented.

I have 8 presto's.

I put 8lbs of wax in each and melt.

(8lbs of wax x8 presto's =64 lbs of wax)

Which melts in 10-15 minutes!! :cheesy2: Whahoo!!! Quick and easy..

Pour my FO's right in the pot. Then I mix and pour.

Clean up is easy -

Turn the pesto sideways and most of the wax left will pour right out.

Wipe with a dry paper towel, then wipe with a baby wipe.

Turn presto on warm and let it burn off.

I never have had a problem with the scent remaining in the presto.

I also have a pour pot for each of the scents I carry. That way I never have to clean them out!! That is a PITA!!! IMO:laugh2:

HTH