First wickless testing... is this ok?

rebeccajo99

Ok, my candle warming plate came in the mail today. Its a 17 w plate. I put an 11 oz tureen jar on it of a dark burgandy and cranberry citrus scent. I like killer scents so I put 1 1/5 oz of fo per 17 oz of ecosoya advance wax (i know wierd formula, but that is what I like :shocked2: ) After 1 1/2 hours of sitting on the plate it was completly melted and was letting off an AMAZING throw... absolutly love it. After 2 hours, I took it off the plate and felt the side of the jar and it fell cool to the touch and i stick a finger into the melted wax and that was also just warm. I took the temp and it was 125 degrees. However, I felt the bottom of the jar and I about burned myself after about 15 seconds of having my hand there. I don't like that, but is that normal with using these warming plates with these jars?

• 1 month later...

I just now saw this post. I had the same thing happen to me. I was wondering if this is ok too. I use tins. The tin seemed so warm/hot on the bottom.

I was also wondering how labels hold up on the containers if they get so hot.

It isn't like we can control the heat like we can if we are using wicks, so I guess I'll just have the warning labels say it gets hot to the touch.

To me it would stand to reason that the area which is directly on the heating pad would be hotter. Just like using a pan on your cook top--the botton is hotter than the sides.

I use tins but label the lid not the tin because I don't want them getting direct heat.