FO won't incorporate

evesorto

Hi,

Wax is igi 4627 for container and igi 4786 for tarts, fo load was 8% (usually use 10%). FO added at 185 degrees.

I have had problems with the following oils, oil seeps out of candle and oil seperates in tarts:

AH Little Black Dress (black dye chip)

AH Celtic Moonspice (yellow dye chip)

ICS Wildberry Crisp (Blue Dye Chip)

Flickers Marshmallow (no dye chip).

I guess my next option would be to try 6-7%, but seeing as other oils aren't giving me the same results, I imagine it is the nature of these specific oils.

Would love to hear feedback on these oils from those who have had success incorporating with waxes 4627 and 4786.

I noticed on the Flickers website under the Marshmallow oil, it said something about adding a few grains of UA. I don't really understand UA and the site didn't reference why one should add UA. I just looked up the site and Marshmallow is sold out, so I could not cut/paste info.

Any info, greatly appreciated.

tia,

Eve

I've had a similar problem once and was told that I had received the wrong "grade" of oils. The supplier resent my order and i'm still testing the new stuff but it seems to be better. I would think if it's just those scents that perhaps you want to contact the places you bought from and make sure there aren't any oppsies!

Steric and UA are supposed to help bind the scent to the oil, but there are some oils that I've used that never would bind so to speak ... they just floated. None of the oils you've mentioned though. A few grains turned into about 1/4 tsp on my end before I gave up.

No. I just ended up adding 1/4 tsp to the mix and didn't see that it really helped get my oil sludge off the bottom of the pot at the time. BTW it was a Rapture fragrance from AH/RE, just so you know that if you get that it can be tricky to get to combine too.