Pillar Candles

I am going to start expermenting with pillar candles. Is there a book that helps learn some of the techniques I see in the gallery. The only pillar I have made is one with 6228. It turned out okay but I see all the beautiful work and want to learn more. I looked at our library and they were very limited on books on candlemaking. I know a lot is probably trial and error but they has to be started point with the different waxes. TIA

I'm afraid all the books on candlemaking won't help except for basic steps in making the pillar, such as melt wax, wick mold, yadayada. When I started I bought every book I found & while they were interesting, I don't really think I learned any more than searching the web & just pouring the candle myself. Thru lots of mistakes you will learn to make a wonderful candle. Since all waxes are more different than the same, you'll need to find the closest source. I know this probably isn't what you wanted to hear, but IMO that's how it is. What type pillar are you trying to make?

Pam R