Scam Alert!

OverSoyed

For those of you who have your own merchant accounts, I would like to advise you of a new scam.

Offender: MERCHANT TECHNICAL SOLUTIONS

In Association With: DISCOVER NETWORK

I received a statement for $49.95 from Discover (accepted in my merchant account) for Merchant Tech Solutions.

I called Discover Monday to find out what it was for. They said "it is own of our partners will bill for." They gave me a phone number to call the company directly.

I called them to see what was up, and they gave me the run around. Apparently, they called my mother in law. WTF!

She said that I didn't live there, nor did she have an authorization to make any decisions.

They took her "no, I don't know who you are" as "Sure, sign him up anyway!"

I've called back 2x already, and Discover doesn't want any part of it. Merchant Tech Solutions said they will refund the money, but not until the next billing cycle.

I told a supervisor that isn't acceptable. I was also told I would receive a call back, but never got on.

Anyway... if you have a merchant account, accepting Discover, review your statements closely. They seem to add these charges without notice or authorization.

I Googled their company, and to no surprise to me, their company is listed first, followed by page after page of Rip Off / Scam reports.

HEADS UP! :mad:

Its not just merchant accounts that is getting 3rd party billing. We got one on our business phone... twice! We called our phone company and they told us we would have to call the third party biller. They told us someone in the office went online and signed up for it. NOT!! No one in the office even knows what the service or the company is or that it even existed.

Just check your incoming statements and always check to make sure you have no 3rd party billings.