rrd wicks

Hi everyone I have been using hpt wicks...I ordered a series of all RRD wicks and when I received them I freaked out!!!!. These wicks seem soo small in comparison to the wicks I have been using for soy and palm wax. Even the largest 55 doesn't even compare with my flat wound wicks as far as size goes...How are these good for soy and palm waxes...It seems that they won't develop and good melt pool being so small...I have'nt tried them yet. I'm thinking I might have to double wick depending on the burning performance. Please advise. Thanks

RRD wicks are directional and will pull the wax up the wick. (Make sure you mark them if you cut them - they only work one way.) They actually work really well with soy wax. I much preferred them to HTP which tend to smoke IMO.

What made you order them if you didn't know how well they would work with your wax or what others thought of their performance?

Ok....I thought I had rrds to begin with..obviously that wasn't the case...That's what I orderd and the label on the package said so...But that is not what I got! And I had never used this type of wick before. So when the wicks came I freaked out!!! to say the least...What are you talking about when you say mark them before you cut??>?? Am I missing something????? thanks/Cheers

http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=veggiewax;action=display;num=1092424758;start=13#13

This is from the old board. If you search this board for 'directional' you will get a lot of results.

Basically, RRD wicks have a 'right side up' and if you cut them, you need to know which is still the top. I mark right above where I need to cut with a permanent marker. The dot then becomes the bottom and goes into the next wick tab. HTH

Thanks everyone for all of your replies...First of all I bought the rrds pre tabbed...That's why I could figure out the directional thingy...I plan on using the wicks for a 7.5oz tumbler and an 11 ounce...I just hope they work well with palm and soy...Thanks for the info. Cheers

I was searching when I ran across this forum. I just wanted to say I would not use any other wick but RRD in my soy wax. I went thru many types of wicks, including recommendations from suppliers before I tried them. (They were never recommended.) They work great in soy. I use Eco-Soya.

Georgia, congrats on the quit smoking!