My "Tarts"

msalex28a

The hang tags are super cute, but I would use a jazzier label for the names.

What do you suggest? Open to anything.

I have a sizzix machine (that cuts any shapes using dies) and I bought that die which is called a Top Note from Stampin Up. They actually advertise using that to put candy or chocolate in but I thought it would be perfect for tarts. Actually I was thinking putting a whole punch on the top so I can hang them all on a spinner rack. Now if only I can figure out how to package my votives.

I'd do a similar or related border around the labels (if they are the ones you are going to use), and center the text more if you can.

The plain white labels just stick out to me, in not such a good way.

It's not a major problem, just a personal opinion.

If you are using such a good looking background like you have, might as well go all out.:cheesy2:

What do you suggest? Open to anything.

I have a sizzix machine (that cuts any shapes using dies) and I bought that die which is called a Top Note from Stampin Up. They actually advertise using that to put candy or chocolate in but I thought it would be perfect for tarts. Actually I was thinking putting a whole punch on the top so I can hang them all on a spinner rack. Now if only I can figure out how to package my votives.

Clear labels might work....I was thinking a buff oval might work. I do like the concept a lot but I'm with everyone else on the white label detracting from the presentation.

You may not be thinking about it now, but if you get an order for 250 you are going to wish you had figured out how to close it with ONE staple. I'm assuming you are rolling the poly bag and putting the cardstock over that. Try one staple in the center and see if it doesn't hold just as well.

Your idea of a hole punched and displayed on a spinner is great!

• 2 weeks later...

I like the way you packaged them, but agree with a lot of others in that the label is not good. Looks unprofessional, like something you would use to label stock on a shelf, not for retail sales.

Also, do you package larger amounts together? You may want to do that, as I don't have ANYONE that buys just one tart EVER, even if they've never used a certain scent before. If they like the scent after sniffing, they usually buy at least 6 if not a dozen.

If someone DID want to buy quite a few at a time, just think of all that work to put them together individually, and the cost too. It can't be cheap for large amounts.

You know you're right, I should package them together. That would save time and cardstock. As for the label I put on I really don't know what else to put on there that's not expensive, I don't put those labels on my jars just the tarts.