Craft Show Displays....

chakka

Hi Y'all,

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong spot, I wasn't sure where to put this post. I have this problem and I'm not sure to correct it. I'm hoping that some of you can give me some insight on how to deal with this.

After 10 years, I thought it would be time to scrap the table top displays and change the look of my display. I bought some foldable 5 panel wooden displays just like the one I have pictured. I was all excited and did a dry run with them in the garage and thought they were perfect. However, when I actually took them to a craft show, I realized how unstable they were with all my glass jars on them, even on flat surface such as a floor. Every time someone comes in to the booth, I just shudder because they seem to teeter and wobble a little bit if someone would take a jar off the shelf. I envision them falling over or worse yet, falling on someone! If you take a look at the base of this shelving, there doesn't seem to be enough footing for something like this.

My questions to all my fellow candle makers is: Do any of you have such a set up? How can I make these more stable? Do you have any ideas on how I can improve this or is there something comparable to this type of set up but much sturdier? I'm open for your suggestions...

Thanks all!

[ATTACH]17081[/ATTACH]

post-10437-139458453819_thumb.jpg

I use to have those displays one is make sure the 2 end panels are spead as far as the can go with the shelves in place.

For inside shows I bought and extra shelf for mine and put it as close to the bottom as possible and then put heavy stuff on it. I also did sometimes put 2 of them back to back and bungee them together.

For out side show I bungee them to the legs of my tent. If I was able to stake I had some really long stakes the I would hammer in right behind them and bungee them to those.

Thank you for your replies. Man, if I could hammer these suckers into a concrete floor I would, I'd feel so much better. Of course doing indoor shows, that's impossible. I like the idea of the brackets and have thought of that. However, I'm not the handiest when it comes to tools. Even if it's a hammer! :) I still think the shelving system would still be a bit wobbly and top heavy.

Vicky, when putting your heavy stuff on the bottom of the shelving, what if any are peoples responses to that? I know sometimes people can get lazy and not bother to bend down & look.

Well I turn it to kind of a storage shelf, it has product there but I have that same product somewhere else in my booth. It kind of kills two birds with one stone I got my shelves more support and I could put more product out and if nothing sold from there it was okay and if some one grabs something from there it was okay too.

I actually found people looking there especially people with kids because the kids would look and bring the parents attention to it.