Stearic

When I use stearic it doesn't affect the mottle of my candles, it helps control the bleeding of the fragrance oil. Vybar will affect the mottle of your candles. Sorry I don't about using both at the same time I have never done this.

Pam F

Does anyone know if when using a mottling wax if you add stearic will it stop the mottling? Thanks very much. Also, if you use the Vybar, would you also add stearic

or would you be contradicting by using both? Thanks!!

Steric alone won't stop the mottling, UNLESS you use too much. How much is too much will depend on othr factors, but you can test it if you want. Typically 3 T of steric (heaping) is said to help with the sweating. Some can get by using less.

You can use both vybar and stearic, but there's little benefits to the combo of the two IMO. The exception is that vybar will kill the mottling, helps eliminate bubbles and helps with scent throw. While too much stearic will eliminate the mottling, I haven't noticed that it helps with bubbles or scent throw.

Thank you all so much. That is very helpful. So basically, vybar and stearic do the same thing as far as scent throw and bleeding? I use 4045H and am having horrible bleeding all of a sudden. I make sure I heat to 180 before adding FO at 5% and then backing down to 4%, stir well with a whisk to heat temp, and wa-lah........bleeding and sweating like crazy. I was using Vybar 343 and just thought maybe stearic (and/or) might help. Thanks again!!!!

No. In mottles, vybar kills it. Stearic doesn't. Stearic is what helps with the bleeding or sweating. They are very similar, but there are some distinct differences. Vybar helps to anchor or hold the scent, but too much of it will lock up the scent too.

Up the use of your 343 and see what happens. 4045 is similar to the wax I use. 3 heaping T of stearic generally curb the sweating. So will rolling it up in a paper towel. Eventually it will stop, reabsorb etc.

Thanks again!! I had tried upping the Vybar a while back and it still bled. I have been wrapping in a paper towel but thought I was just wasting FO. I have not tried the stearic but have some so I will definitely try that. And I do leave off the vybar 343, right? Thank you so very much.