Check out this wax melter

Has anyone ever purchased this wax melter? I saw this and wondered if it would be something I could get to melt 25 lbs of 415 at one time. I have read how people have used the turkey cooker, but can a person use it for pure soy? Then I read how the turkey cooker would burn wax. Would this be safer? Now if I can fugure out how to put in a link. If I can't it's on ebay under wax melter. Thanks for your replies.

It's auction #

120371490885rtCurve.gif

post-9418-139458453427_thumb.jpg

If it is a water jacket melter, which it probably is, it would be safer than a turkey fryer or roaster. I have both a turkery roaster and a 150 pound official water jacket wax melter. They are great. However, they do take longer to melt the wax, especially if you get a really big one. They are safe though.

It is basically a Presto cooker converted. Here is a link to a smaller unit "how-to" on candletech website http://www.candletech.com/general-information/do-it-yourself-wax-melter/

Be very careful and watch your temperture setting. Be sure to use a thermometer as well. Some of these presto can go into the 400 degree range.

Ask the seller if there is a warranty. If it is a converted Presto, the manufacturer's warranty is void due to the unit being converted from its intended use.

I'm not real wild about the spout pointing straight out, that looks a bit dangerous. I did check their feedback and I found only one negative and it was on the shipping end of the deal. I'm going to give these people a call today. :cheesy2: Thanks friends for your input.