8 ounce tin/burning time

I tested the 4 ounce tin and it burned reasonable.About 20 hours or just a little less.That tin looks so small.

Now testing the 8 ounce tin.It is much larger. I have been burning it on my 3 rd day.Just a guess but thinking maybe 7 hours per day and I don't have alot of the candle left.Maybe 1/4 but hard to see what is left since it is a tin. Not what I get from my jar candles with burn time.I get about 40 hours or more.

Do tins burn faster than the jars.Also I have changed from 402 wax to 444. Could this be a difference in burn time???

I want my candles to do what I tell people and the jars do but have a sale for a 2 - 4 ounce tins. I am happy I guess with those but later the customer might want the larger ones.

Is it the tins, wax, or what ?? I needed to use a large wick in the 8 ounce tins.I tried a medium and those wouldn't work.So assuming that is one problem and the other do the tins burn faster????? Or does 444 burn fast.

My 4 ounce JJ I thought would never burn.Took them forever but did use a medium wick but with the tin I had to use a large wick.

People will be paying more for the tins.They are more costly but hate for them not to get their money's worth.

This will be a kitchen candle and will be better for that room.

I am needing help??? My candle tin is burning way to fast.

LynnS

Your wicking is small, medium, and large? What kind of wicking is that? With all the wick sizes available, small, medium, and large doesn't quite cut it. You might have to double wick. I double wick my 8 oz tins, and occasionally even triple wick if I'm using a really heavy oil. I wouldn't even remotely consider single wicking an 8 oz tin.

Any number of things could be causing a fast burn. Wax, oil, wicks, dye, ambient temperature, air movement. You know the drill. You'll just have to play around with it and see what works best.

These posts help alot.I will tell the customer tins burn hotter and faster. I was shocked with how wide the opening was for the 8 ounce tin. Looking at the 4 ounce tin (seem very small and the 8 ounce seemed to be a much BIGGER difference in size than what I was thinking.

I keep looking at the 4 ounce tin and thinking is this a 2 ounce.Small to me but can't be as 2 tins make up the1 lb of wax and 1 oz fragrance oil.

I am able to pick up the tins when they are burning but I also know the scent throw is strong.The first night burning the tin the scent wasn't strong.The next day it was. Only 1 day to cure.

Coyercandles

I am going to have to check the difference in the amount of wax. The JJ is taller/smaller opening than the squatty but wider opening tin. I bet I will be amazed at the difference.

It is that variable thing that goes along with candlemaking.What drives us crazy and what makes us have to work harder.

I did mix 2 fragrances. One was odor Eliminator (3/4) to (1/4) of Fresh Lemon.

I feel much more comfortable now. This lady did have a 8 ounce tin candle she burned from another company.Just cannot find them now.

Thank You ALL,

LynnS

An 8 oz tin and an 8 oz glass each containing the same amout of wax will burn the same amount of time if wicked properly!! Just because it is a tin, it does not burn faster. In fact, I would wick a tin with a smaller wick than a glass and the tin would burn longer. The size of the opening has nothing to do with how fast it burns unless you double-wick. Carole