touching slsa

Lyndsay

It's the bubbling agent in a lot of products.

I've touched the slsa. The thing about it is that slsa is an airborne irritant alone, so the less you play with it the less irritation. It will make you sneeze and cough if you don't wear a mask. Another reason not to touch it might be that if you rub your eyes they'll get a little irritated. Other than that, I don't really know of anything else the stuff does.

When combined with another product or ingredient it can't fly free into the air so to speak.

It's used in whitening products in the mouth, bubble baths, bath salts, bubbling milk bath, shampoos, facial cleaners, foot products, some shaving creams etc. As long as you aren't overusing it, I believe it's safe.

• 1 month later...

Lol!!:laugh2: This Happened to me too!! The first time I used it ! I had a coughing fit I figured out quick the stuff was moving in the air!

Definately wear a mask!

And no its not the best thing for the skin but its what makes bubbles, and for some reason we all want our shampoo to sud up and bubble. The Shampoo without it just doesn't seem to be cleaning the hair / but its actually better and less drying on the hair.

gonna third the 'mask' comment. The first time I used it, I had a huge cloud of white stuff floating in the air. I have a skylight in my kitchen (where I was working) and the stuff floated about 18' into the air! (vaulted kitchen).

My eyes watered and I started sneezing.

Yup, mask is a VERY good idea. Also goggles (like when doing cp) and finally....move VERY slowly (LOL).