Mail problems???

bells4shells

Not sure if this is the right area, but I recently ordered from a company I've never done business with before. It has since been about two weeks since my order was 'shipped' and I've been given a tracking link to check on, but it's been saying processed in the city I ordered from since I got this email.

Now, I know there has been some bad weather in different parts of the country, but I really don't know what to think of this. The contact from this company has assured me that the order indeed went out and it's being sent by priority. I've contacted my postal office to see if they had any information for me and the man I spoke with said it was really odd that I haven't gotten my item yet. He was also quick to say that while Priority is not guaranteed, they have a 98% on time shipment rate...

Has anyone else been having problems with on time shipments? If so, what service are you using? This is getting beyond frustrating.

I have I order some stuff from Texas and it took over two weeks to get here after a week I contacted the seller to let them know it was late the assured me it was sent. I kept waiting and waiting it finally showed up.

Just remember if you payed by paypal do not wait to long before doing something about it.

Yeah, I think my stuff might be going through TX. I ordered from AZ. Was your package priority also? I talked to one of the postal workers and he just couldn't understand why it would take that long... and he told me from what he could see, it says picked up, but it doesn't mean anything. Anyone could have picked it up... real assuring isn't it?

Anyhow, I'm trying to give this company the benefit of the doubt as the person I've been dealing with has been pretty helpful. I also realize I get kinda antsy about things, so I'm sure I'm not helping stress levels at all! haha In any case, thanks for the mention of the paypal issue too. My boyfriend told me the same thing, but for some reason, I want to give them the benefit of the doubt. Will pry hold out til the end of the week...

I'm still waiting for mine and it was shipped in November and still not here. I am told it is lost and the post office does not track it until it arrives to your post office. I'm down there once a week checking to see if it came. I even gave them picture of what is in the box. How can they lose a 14x14 box? Good luck, I do not think I will ever see mine and the post office now has raise the rates again. I will never have anything shippes by the post office. At least with UPS and Fedex you can see every stop they make. Post office can only tell you when it left and that is it.

I've had no problems with deliveries TO me, but I sure have had problems with deliveries to my customers. I ship alot, and mainly use priority mail. I've had some packages take MORE than 3 weeks to get there! I've also seen alot of similiar post on eBay Forums from both buyers and sellers. Unofficially, my post office said that they now wait for full truckloads to move packages, due to their financial problems.

Now, concerning USPS tracking - I don't know if this will work for you, but it sure works for me. If you print out the scan form once you've printed your labels for the day, and either present it to your mailman for pickup, or the desk person, and have them scan it, it gets tracked all along the way. Tells when they received it from you, when it left your city, when it arrived at the next location, when it left there, etc.,etc. Regarding the 3 week package above, both the customer and I could see when I mailed it, and that it was showing as leaving their post office for delivery for days on end. Made us both angry, but at the post office. Not each other!

This amazes me. I order alot from BCN and my orders are here in 2 days.That is UPS.

But when you mention USPS orders you send taking so long would bother me.,I have no problems with Priority mail with USPS. I am amazed at how fast they do get to my customers.All have told me within 2 days they get their package.I sent order to FLA,CT, MA, Missouri and and a few other states. Missouri took the longest with 3 days.Have no idea but it must be their PO. The customer even mentioned that to me.

I guess looking at what another poster said it took them 17 days to get a order.I have ordered from a TX company and I ususally get that order in 4-5 days.I live in Ohio.It is UPS though.

I think I will stay away from suppliers way off.I might need a fragrance ASAP. Don't mind a few days wait and let my customer know up front but weeks???? :mad:

LynnS

This amazes me. I order alot from BCN and my orders are here in 2 days.That is UPS.

But when you mention USPS orders you send taking so long would bother me.,I have no problems with Priority mail with USPS. I am amazed at how fast they do get to my customers.All have told me within 2 days they get their package.I sent order to FLA,CT, MA, Missouri and and a few other states. Missouri took the longest with 3 days.Have no idea but it must be their PO. The customer even mentioned that to me.

I guess looking at what another poster said it took them 17 days to get a order.I have ordered from a TX company and I ususally get that order in 4-5 days.I live in Ohio.It is UPS though.

I think I will stay away from suppliers way off.I might need a fragrance ASAP. Don't mind a few days wait and let my customer know up front but weeks???? :mad:

LynnS

You are talking Apples and Oranges here what I order was sent USPS not UPS it was also not candle supplies. I have very few candle suppliers that will ship USPS most ship FEDEX or UPS those places guaranty there deliveries times. If they do USPS it is usually a choice on your part to use it or not. I would never have oil I need now sent USPS.

All the delivery delays started around mid November. The vast majority get there within 2-3 days, barring any severe weather problems.

However, now we have to consider what the proposed one day shutdown by USPS is going to do to shipments. Either Tuesday or Saturday. I'm watching this very closely. I don't understand how USPS can be so financially troubled when rates keep going up.:confused:

All the delivery delays started around mid November. The vast majority get there within 2-3 days, barring any severe weather problems.

However, now we have to consider what the proposed one day shutdown by USPS is going to do to shipments. Either Tuesday or Saturday. I'm watching this very closely. I don't understand how USPS can be so financially troubled when rates keep going up.:confused:

Amen. But I think a lot of the problem is that people don't even realize what the USPS does. There are no guarantees on ANYTHING unless you directly pay for it. In my recent dealings, I've had some people on some knotted britches over not getting their parcel post box within 4 days of payment and that's to include a federal holiday.

I sent one large priority and we were able to track that one, but it took 5 days to get from Colorado to Texas. Priority is 2-3 daysISH. One person in the Northeast didn't get their parcel post until yesterday, took approximately 16 days from my door to theirs.

Given what I've seen in some of the orders since I've posted my GOOB, there are a lot more people who don't understand how USPS works than do. Thankfully, most have been understanding and I've given resources to help out, but some just refuse to even acknowledge it the USPS isn't guaranteed or perfect or that certain items aren't trackable if they don't pay for it.

I think the USPS shot themselves in the foot when they started the shape-based rates. I know their reasoning meant more money coming in, but the manpower had to have increased. You can't just put stamps on an envelope or package anymore without knowing all the rules and regs, so everyone is back at the post office waiting in line to find out! The mail room at the college where I work has a shape-based postage meter and they have even received mail back from USPS with money due!! If the machine that was specifically designed to print the proper postage can't figure it out, what chance does the average person have? The post office had to have their staff retrained a few months after the effective date of that rate change because even THEY didn't understand it and had been sending mail onto other post offices who, in turn, were sending it back to them!!

Tax time.....forget it - they won't hazard a guess in case it get's thrown back.

Of course, there is the extra money they are making from people putting an extra stamp on their mail....just in case.

I have been jinxed by this thread.. I have never had any problems sending my candles Priority mail, until today!!

A customer called and said she hadn't received her candles yet.

My hubby dropped the box off at the post office on Jan 30th.

It never got scanned!! The tracking info says that they received the electronic shipping info for the prepaid label I printed out.. That's it??

So where my box...

Well I called my post office for 2 hours today and it was busy the entire time..

So who knows..

Just needed to share as I remember reading this thread and saying to myself...

Oh.. I never have problems with priority!!! LMAO

Now look what happened!!!:laugh2: I jinxed myself!!

Jadewicks.. Did you ever get your stuff???:rolleyes2