Jet Black Candles

I'm trying to bake some BLACK candles using color chips. I put 4 per pound and they come out like a black plumb color. I'm trying to make some solid black "8 ball" candles and am having a hard time getting a solid black, the white wax tones the color down too much. I was thinking about adding a deep red and and Green to try and get the color right. Anybody have an Idea on how to get a solid dark black? Thanks for any help on this.

I ended up using 8-10 drops added to the wax I already had 6 black chips in, but I was trying to get Hi-gloss black. I re-melted the wax I tried with the chips the first time. I might be able to go with less, but I didn't want to have to melt the wax a third time. It came out true black this time. I was thinking about using some dark red chips added to the wax to get the black and I might do some "testing" with this next time. Apparently jet black is not an easy color to get with any wax.