My Turk n Surf RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh how I love my Turk n Surf...let me count the ways...lol

For those of you who have one, you know what I am talking about...for those of you who dont have one, you are missing out!

I got an order from a new Wholesale Account. They wanted to start small, so they ordered 20 cases of the 9oz hex, in 40 different scents. (The order started out at 8 cases but I kept telling them that they were missing the Best Sellers.) So, 20 cases of candles to pour...I started pouring at around 7:30 and I finished all 20 cases at 9:02. There is no way I could have done that with the trusty Presto Pot.

Turk n Surfs RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy do they!!!! I did a fundraiser ~ 427 candles in 2 1/2 days. Start to finish....wick clipping, labeling, boxing. Soy wax which is a different beast on its own..lmao.

Which reminds me I need another fryer.

Yeah, luckily I use J50...lol

Way to go on the FundRaiser!

What's the best kind of fryer to use, or does it matter?

I am hoping(fingers crossed) to start doing fundraisers soon with the 8oz square masons. I have had 3 inquiries and am waiting to hear back.

One is my DD & DS's preschool, they have a meeting this Friday to decide what type of fundraiser to do this year. I gave all the teacher's a 8oz candle for Christmas and they all loved them. Some have even purchased more since then. So I'm hoping that'll help sway them toward doing my candles.

If I get that fundraiser, I'll definately need more than a presto pot. All the parent's and teachers will be taking orders for the fundraiser, that's a little over 100 people. Trying to keep my expectations reasonable, but I get so excited thinking about it.:yay:

Sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack, I'm just excited, did I mention that already.:yay:

Have a great day

Jennifer

can I post an ignorant? and ask what this is? I know presto pots. I had one fitted with a spigot like 5 years ago by a neighbor. And I have two of them...one for votive wax and one for jar. But I've never heard of a turk n surf before...

I've got two and have no idea how I lived and made candles before that. Would actually like a smaller one for a wax I don't use as much of. DH cracks up when I head for a cooking section in a store.. it's not for food I looking. :cheesy2: