Should I change business name?

ajna

My business name is The Blooming Candles, I only have a website, and im not registered under the name or anything yet. I started out making candles, but as time went on, I started bath and body products too. Hubby say I should only do candles because of the name, but I dont want to do only candle. Do you think the business name should be changed to something that dont only target candles in the name?

Depends on what you want. My name is my goat herd name with soaps, scrubs and lotions on the end. I also make candles, solid perfumes, air fresheners, dry oil sprays, lip balms and on and on. Sometimes a generic name is a good thing as you can market many different things under it. Ex. My goat herd name alone doesn't tell you I make anything so it can work for just about anything I want to do. soaps, scrubs and lotions is under the main name.

I'm actually doing that at this moment. I'm changing everything from name to look.

For me, this is happening for 3 reasons. First, because I'm tired of the name. Second, because two companies have 'co-oped' part of it and are confusing my customers. Third, because I've thought of something that lit a fire under me. And that is a very good thing...

But it is also going to be hard work. And some of my customers won't know and won't figure it out. So I'm back into the building phase. Can you change your name, slightly, to reflect more items?

Rather than 'The Blooming Candles' how about 'The Blooming'?

HTH