Buyer Beware...Jar Sample

I would like to first say that I do not mean any harm in any way with the following comments, but...

I just received my sample box from "The Jar Store". Which, mind you, I paid $20.00 for. With the economy, I can understand the charge. However, When I received the invoice, the name and address was wrong on the order. When I called to have corrected, the representative was...unkind and did not understand why I didn't want her to re-charge me and refund the original amount. ((It wasn't my error, I didn't see the need to be out of pocket $40.00 for their error))

I received my order and not only was every jar cracked, they aren't the jars or sizes I ordered. Also, the original order was for jars/pots that are no longer available. My thought about that is, why still have it as "available" on the website if they are in fact, "not available".

I emailed the company and was asked to return the items to receive a refund. Shipping is over $6.00 for USPS, so I think I will just take the loss.

Curious though, have any of you had a similar or better experience? Would it be worth the trouble to test the waters again? :tiptoe:

OMG, I am sorry this happened to you. I just did a sample request from them (and appreciated the shipping for four jars instead of the one company that wanted to charge me $8 for one) and I got everything, as promised. I also got a follow up call from them, asking if everything was satisfactory and if I needed help placing an order or when would I want to place one (they even asked where I was in my testing, how long had I been making candles and if it was for business or pleasure).

I was really impressed.

I actually went to their facility when they first opened. They are fairly new. I could have gotten my jars from them , and picked them up, however I kept doing business with TVGilfoil as it was less expensive with shipping for me to buy my jars from them. Of course I was buying by the pallet.

I have never been charged for samples by any company. But I was always a quantity buyer.

My take on them that they were trying to go to fast, setting up, with jars, wax and fo's. Seemed a little diorganized , but I could be wrong. And as you said in this economy who knows what is going on.

Can't say I ever ordered from them...

But I do use www.fillmorecontainer.com

I have always had excellent customer service from them.

Keith, Heidi, Dave and Chad have always gone out of their way to make my shopping experience and good one. No joke... They are a great crew!!!:cheesy2:

I order from them too! Heidi is so sweet and Keith goes out of his way to help you. I often drive out there to pick up orders and love to sample their FOs. Keith has given me some free jar and FO samples. I just love their CS! I also love driving thru Amish country so I go there whenever I get a chance.

I've dealt with the Jar Store on various occasions, they have always been very kind and helpful. Sorry you had a bad experience, maybe you just got somebody having a bad hair day or something. :)

I ordered samples of the apothecary jars when I first started testing a little over 3 years ago, at the time, I wasn't charged for samples, but the economy wasn't as bad then either. I have received a few broken jars from time to time, but they've always given me a credit on my next order.

It seems it's getting harder and harder to find companies with good C/S anymore, even the ones who use to have it. You would think with so many people needing jobs, the ones with them would be trying a little harder to keep them.

I'll go back and look on their site and see what I find. Might give them a call too. There were several jars that I was interested in but of course didn't want to buy a whole case. I just never thought about asking for samples of jars. Thanks

My last two shipments from MakesScentsCandles had broken jars. I'm sure it's the UPS people. The boxes were more crushed than I have ever seen them. I had 12 in the first shipment and two in this last one. I didn't bother to report it.

It's the first time in two years that I've gotten broken jars. What is up with that?!!

Just talked to MSC and they are replacing what I had broken. It's not fair to us or their company that UPS is throwing their boxes around!!!!! They get their money and we lose!!!