Mold Sealing Question

I've delved into the world of pillar candles and I've run into a small problem. For my metal molds I am currently using that sticky putty type sealer to seal my molds. The bottom of my molds are actually the top of my candles and I don't like the way some of the putty is left on the wick. Yes, it is a minute amount, but I'd prefer that none is left at all.

I was curious to know what you all use to seal your molds and what would you recommend knowing that the bottom of the mold is the top of the candle. Thanks!

I use that metal tape. They have it at Wal Mart...not the stuff from the plumbing section with the blue backing but the roll of metal tape from the painting/tools section. Works like a charm every time. Just crisscross two pieces, leaving a corner folded under so that you can easily pull it off when ready. I have even permanently sealed wick holes on molds to use them a hurricane molds and so far it's stayed put through many many pours. HTH!

I use that metal tape. They have it at Wal Mart...not the stuff from the plumbing section with the blue backing but the roll of metal tape from the painting/tools section. Works like a charm every time. Just crisscross two pieces, leaving a corner folded under so that you can easily pull it off when ready. I have even permanently sealed wick holes on molds to use them a hurricane molds and so far it's stayed put through many many pours. HTH!

:yay: Thanks! I've never heard of that but I will definitely give it a try!