LX wicks

Thats probably about right then because I use a 24 in ecosoya advanced and a 26 in regular soy. If you go to the wicks unlimited site and look up the burn rates on the lx - around that range - the 18 to 22 - there is very little difference from what I can remember.

HTH

To relegate LX wicks just to soy is not doing them justice, however, the LX line at least in sizes 24 and above (and like all the RRD line actually also) have a treatment called NTS 2 which helps with burning natural waxes like soy and palm - that treatment helps with the acidity of the wax I believe. In my experience this really makes a difference in palm wax.

They do have great prices, great stuff, and are super fast and very nice, but their LX wicks are only 6" in length. So if you are going to use them in 6" pillars they won't be long enough. I wish they made them at least in 6.5". I get mine from longwycks - their larger sizes (24 and above I believe) are 8" in length. From the sizes you ordered though, it sounds like you are making containers and therefore the CS ones will be fine!

trish are you using soy or a parrafin blend?

i haven't used them to much in soy because i like cottons in my soy but in my parrafin blend i use a lx 12 or 14 in an 8oz jj and alot of times i get away with a 12 rather than a 14! i use 16 & 18 in a 16 oz jj!! hth!

trish are you using soy or a parrafin blend?

i haven't used them to much in soy because i like cottons in my soy but in my parrafin blend i use a lx 12 or 14 in an 8oz jj and alot of times i get away with a 12 rather than a 14! i use 16 & 18 in a 16 oz jj!! hth!

I am making 8oz jj with preblended parrafin. I hope the 18 and 22 aren't too much. I already ordered them so guess I'll have to make do. Or maybe I'll get lucky

Faery, I'm with you. I'm using a parasoy blend and I use LX16 and LX18 in much larger containers than jellies. In fact the LX-14's did well in many of my 6oz tins, 2.5".

e

in my parrafin blend i use a lx 12 or 14 in an 8oz jj and alot of times i get away with a 12 rather than a 14! i use 16 & 18 in a 16 oz jj!! hth!

Trish, I used LX 18 in KY parasoy blend in 2.5" when I used to use it (when it first came out), so maybe give them a try? To me it wicked more like paraffin than soy - I went way down on wick size. If candlescience hasn't shipped your order you can call them - they are REALLY customer service oriented and if the order hasn't shipped they will change it for you (they ship really fast though so I would call soon - even to just leave a message).

Trish, I used LX 18 in KY parasoy blend in 2.5" when I used to use it (when it first came out), so maybe give them a try? To me it wicked more like paraffin than soy - I went way down on wick size. If candlescience hasn't shipped your order you can call them - they are REALLY customer service oriented and if the order hasn't shipped they will change it for you (they ship really fast though so I would call soon - even to just leave a message).

You are right. They ship fast. I just went to call them and found out my order was shipped a few hours ago. That was about 5 hours after I ordered. Incredibly fast. I think the 18 and 22 will probably be worth a try because my waxes has between 9-12% fragrance load and I always add super rich color. I'll wait and see. Thanks to all for the input:highfive:

Yup it can't hurt to try them out. i usually only use 1oz per lb and don't always use deep colors so you may possibly get away with it. I find lx wicks to be very tricky! it also probably depends on what type of parrafin blend you are using. for instance a j223 may need a bigger wick than another blend. also TN candle supply sells all the sizes of LX wicks and they are only $6 for 100 and they come pkged nice and neat and work great =)

• 6 months later...

I know this is an old thread but Im having problems with certain scents not wicking right with the lx wicks ecoysoya and jj. most times I use start with lx in my testers, then go up and down to lx 20, or lx 14 depending on how the test went. Im having a lot of scents in the last 2 weeks that seem to be burning too fast with the 14s and Im not sure what brand/ size of wicks I should try next. Does anyone have any suggestions?

a bit more info

I dont use dyes

1.5 fo pp

the flame is rather large and dancing around

melt pool is way to deep too fast and Im not getting a scent throw ( which Im thinking may be because the wick is too hot??)