New Here...Tilted 6 Layer Soap

Sabrina

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is one vibrant, fabulous cp!

did your colors remain true? Or have they faded at all?

I have used the pop mica because I wanted some bright color and each of the faded significantly within the first week or so. I do a 100% veggie cp recipe, and I soap cool, but I am just gobsmacked at how much they faded. How I'd love to have some bright color like that?

Also, did it stain a washcloth or towel? I did a batch with UM that was horrid....never again.

Nope, haven't faded a bit! They also don't stain at all either. :cheesy2: This has become very popular for me. I just made5 logs in the last few days of this just for wholesale.... I don't know if it's the scent or the color that's drawing them but people sure love it!

I've used the pop micas as well and think both BC's and the POP micas have the exact same colors. I just stuck with buying BC's since I don't order anything from TKB other than those micas.

Here's the instructions I used ~

http://candleandsoap.about.com/od/soaprecipes/ss/lavendmintsoap.htm

That tutorial is just for doing 2 layers that are tilted. I actually stumbled upon it on accident when I was searching up some description info for a lavender mint blend we had just made. LOL I had just gotten the Fruity Loops in a few days before that and as soon as I saw that the ideas started flying in my little ol' brain. I just though, huh...if it can be done with 2 layers why not 6? LOL

What I did was bought 6 cheapo plastic 4 cup measure cups with the pour spout on them. I line them all up and just dump my soap (unfragrances/uncolored) into each one until they all look even. Then I measure out .5 oz f/o and my vanilla stabalizer and line up each mica color in front of each mixing cup. I use the towel that I cover my mold with and just use that to tilt my mold (log mold obviously LOL). Once I get the color I want for the first layer, I pour in my f/o, stick blend for about 5-10 seconds (it'll start setting up quick if you use 50/50) and then pour.

I leave the mold tilted until I get the second layer done and then turn it around and leave it flat when pouring that layer. Again, I leave it there until the 3rd one is done and then I flip it around again and tilt it before I pour the 3rd layer...and so on and so on. You could easily do 7-8 layers but any more than that (at least with a 50/50) and I think the unfragranced soap is just too thick (at least in my recipe, might vary for other recipes).

In all honesty it's probably easier to do this than swirl...just a bit more time consuming. It takes me an extra 15-20 min to do this but I think it fits too well with this f/o and couldn't imagine soaping it any other way!

These have been selling very well for me. I sold 4 logs of this last week in wholesale. My retail I sold a log in about a week and a half and what I thought would be great for kids is actually a huge hit with the adults!

Oh and I can't remember if I said before but this f/o rocks in CP! I rank it right up there with Stonehenge and Coolwater! :yay: